Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive increase in ectopics with a cold

Re: Nobody is listening and no more tests

Can you switch to another medication? Clearly this one isn't working. I suffer from PALPS all the time, skips, flutters, pounding heart, etc... They always scare me. But, after reading the hundreds of posts on here, it seems that many of us suffer from them. I usually take Xanax when they get bad and then they go away. DO you have Xanax or clonazepam that you can take to prove to yourself that it's just anxiety?

Re: Nobody is listening and no more tests

But these are relentless. As soon as I start moving they start up - palps and exertion is worrisome. It's like a thump to my chest

Propanolol Please Read

I've just taken my first one and I'm terrified. Has anyone had success stories with this? My heart rate isn't that high so I'm worried it'll lower it too much. I'm on a mini break as it's my baby's anniversary so I'm subconsciously worked up. Don't want to ruin this break for my family but I really feel like these skips will kill me x

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Please can someone help me. I don't think I'm going to make it through this

Re: Propanolol Please Read

If you have been told by your doctor that they are benign ectopics, then they wont kill you, believe me, I should know, check some of my posts in the past, anxiety over them makes them a lot worse, its a vicious circle with them, I had a bout of getting lots and lots of them for weeks on end constantly, now they are back to just few a day, they are frightening I know, but try to lot let them frighten you, that just gets the Adrenalin going and makes them worse, try to accept them and in time they will lessen

I get them on exertion and everything I've read screams out that this is dangerous

I've had them for years by the way, and I am still here, and so is everyone else who has them, they will do you no harm whatsoever, I was also told this by a cardiologist, he said a lot off people get them and never notice them, unfortunately we are the ones that notice them.

Do you get them on exertion though?

if you have had all the tests and they gave you the all clear and said they were benign ectopics then your anxiety over them is making them worse, I have been were you are right now, I get the odd one or two all day now, before I was getting them constantly because I got myself so worked up about them, every time I felt one I could feel the adrenaline going which just made them come on tenfold. just tell yourself they are not going to do you any harm.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Charlie, when I had a anxiety over them I had them constantly all day long until I went to sleep, sometimes I was getting half a dozen in a row on every beat, its frighting I know but I am still here.

Thank you x I'm just convinced they missed something plus I've never had a stress test. Did you feel every single thump too? I'm sure I'm getting chest pains

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Propranolol is a very good med for your type of problem - it will help prevent ectopics on exertion and at rest. You might just experience a bit of tiredness at first. I take it for similar side effects from another med I'm on.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information