Thread: Weak grip in right hand

Weak grip in right hand

First of all, hello all. I have read the sticky entitled "ALS and why you don't have it". However, I have some questions about it.

Here are my symptoms; this time last month, I had some dizzy spells and some unsteadiness walking. In particular, by right knee felt like it 'buckled' over itself somewhat. I didn't fall, but had to slow down. I still get this weird feeling when I walk, but not always. Generally later on in the day. A few days later I had a strange sensation in my right arm/wrist. A week later I felt a similar sensation in my left foot, but this is not as frequent. Sort of hollow like, kind of weak. I have browsed around the forums here and have seen people with similar sensations. The so called clumsy/detached feeling.

In addition to these, I have had the general anxiety symptoms - pins and needles (all over), burning (right hand, left toe), tight chest, throat feeling like food stuck, salivation, twitching all over, trembling (left and right hand) etc.

I booked a neurologist appt, objectively everything was normal and he referred me to a head/cervical spine MRI, which is in a few weeks, to look for demyelination. I did not mention the weird feeling to him - I only described it has some strange sort of numbness/pins and needles. The past few days have been tricky for my anxiety - I have noticed that typing 'feels' more difficult. As a 'test' I tried typing (don't ask why) with my pinky finger and ring finger of my right hand (I am left handed). Typing the word "sport" felt nearly impossible (the po and rt being so close made this hard - is this just me?), but I managed to get there in the end after some practice. Earlier today, I noticed that the grip in my right hand feels weaker than that of my left hand. However, even though I am left handed I have been stronger with my right hand all my life! I am currently super worried and was hoping someone on the forum could help to ease my nerves What I am worried about in particular is the aforementioned sticky.
    Thanks,
    M
    Last edited by Mathmo; 17-07-18 at 23:38.

Thread Information