Thread: Left hand is weak and vibrating quite violently for no reason

Left hand is weak and vibrating quite violently for no reason

I'm sorry I always write so much... In a way detailing things helps me feel better about what I'm experiencing.

It's been a while since I've actually started to panic about something. It's weird that I'm freaking out so much about this inside, but not having a proper physical panic attack about it, that in itself concerns me... Panic feels like a way for me to get a fear out of my system temporarily.

I'm freaking out. Nothing prompted this to happen, I wasn't feeling anxious or anything, but after I got home and ate some takeaway, I started getting a weak feeling in my left hand. I rested my head on the hand, and I could feel it vibrating quite violently, as opposed to my right hand which feels fine. This vibrating is now coming and going. A little bit into the 'attack', I got a sudden lip twitch on my left side too.

Starting to feel nauseous and sporadically shaking all over now (like I'm shivering, but I'm not cold), but I'm trying to tell myself that's the panic. It's not working, of course, I just keep shaking. About 30-40mins into the 'attack' I've also started getting a somewhat shooting (thin?) pain from the back of my hand to my upper arm in different spots all the way up - I'm telling myself that it doesn't look like the right spots for carpal tunnel, but I don't actually know.

I'm trying to tell myself it's okay because I can still pick things up and type (though it feels a bit weak). I do this thing where I try to quickly touch my thumb and fingers together quickly to check my motor functions are working - that seems to be fine too.

But I'm still worried something's wrong with my brain (I get dull headaches in a single area on the left side of my head occasionally), or I've had an allergic reaction to something after going out just before (some guy rudely breathed some sort of smoke everywhere but I couldn't smell cigarette, so I'm specifically worried it was something weird or a sort of vape and I'm allergic, I don't know...!), or I've got some sort of DVT clot. The back of my left thigh, for like 3-4 days, has had this odd dull muscle pain in a single spot that I can't seem to stretch out. I think it's from sitting but it comes and goes

I'm so tired, and I want to sleep, but now I'm terrified of doing so and am afraid the tiredness is part of this... whatever it is. I'm gonna try and lie on my bed and play some Picross and avoid calling the health line unless I think I absolutely have to...

But please, if anyone can relate to this, I would endlessly appreciate the reassurance.

Re: Left hand is weak and vibrating quite violently for no reason

Your hand shaking is fine. Funnily enough my left hand is doing exactly the same thing as I was reading this post, but nobody has completely steady hands, and a shaking and twitching, especially in the short term, is not indicative of any problems. From what I understand, if there was a problem, the first sign would be something far more dramatic.

The fact it's all come on so suddenly is certainly indicative of anxiety. Just calm down, and everything will be fine.

Thread Information