Thread: Just had mole removed, Waiting on Biopsy Results, I'm terrified!

Just had mole removed, Waiting on Biopsy Results, I'm terrified!

I just had a small mole removed, the dermatologist looked at it, and said that it looked normal, though it was a little larger than an eraser and she said she saw a little black on it, nothing too alarming. She gave me the option of not having it removed, and just monitoring it, though, she also gave me the option for a biopsy, just to play it safe... which I did. I am scared that I do have melanoma and that it has spread to my lymph nodes. Has anyone had the same experience as me? The fact that she did not seem to alarmed at first gives me hope, though the mole was slightly abnormal. How long should I expect to hear back from the biopsy result? I am 24 years old, Male, with no family history of skin cancer. Thanks!

Re: Just had mole removed, Waiting on Biopsy Results, I'm terrified!

Hi I have a mole on my back that I would say recently grew but not sure because I've never paid attention to my back my derm said it looked at it with her bare eyes no tools for 2 seconds and said it looks fine but we'll keep an eye on it that didn't really stop me from thinking that i had melanoma I still look at it everytime I'm in a mirror and question myself is it bad or is it the anxiety I wish I never grew it It's not that big smaller than pencil eraser well thats enough from me how was the biopsy?

I've had mole biopsies twice, one was a large flat black mole with irregular borders that was on my shoulder. The biopsy was completely normal but I had it removed about 10 years ago because it caused me stress. The other one was in my lower back, black regular borders but itchy that one we just had biopsied just to be safe, it was completely normal too. The wait is terrible but from what you've written here I don't think you should worry, I think it will be completely normal.
    Also my mom had melanoma and hers grew, bled, and it wasn't black so I'm sure your doctor would have been worried. Please try to distract yourself with positive thoughts, watch a movie go out etc.

Don't let this freak you out too much. have faith in the doctors initial response...which was positive. She knows what she is looking for. I know tons of people with tons of HUGE moles, multi colored moles, atypical moles, etc. Unless the mole has been growing exponentially, it is likely benign. Btw, statistically most biopsied moles are completely benign.

Thread Information