Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throat bumps. Scared

Re: Throat bumps. Scared

I don’t know. I’m pretty scared now.

Im pretty sure after two years if it was cancer you’d know it. You’d probably know it after the first month hopefully. I’ve had cobblestones throat for months now as well. Going on 3 months.

Throat bumps and scared!

Hi! So I posted about this problem and fear a while back but I’m still having problems. So I’m 19 year old female and I have lupus. I have these pumps in the back of my throat and I’ll get a sore throat for a few days each month. I’ve had these bumps for a year and half now and they’ve never gone away! My right tonsil is always inflamed and has been for a year. I’m so so scared this is throat cancer. I had an appointment with my doctor a month ago and we did blood test which came back better than they have been in two years. I’m still convinced it’s cancer though because it’s such a mystery. Please help!!

Re: Throat bumps and scared!

You may well just have tonsilitis and need them removed. It is extremely common, and not very serious at all. You should see a GP about it, though. These bumps would have grown if they were cancer. As often pointed out on here, cancer, by definition, is uncontrolled cell reproduction. If they aren't growing and aren't changing, they aren't cancer. Period.

Also, what about tonsil stones?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you so much. I don’t believe they have grown. I’m just really scared about it. I’ve never drank or smoked but I’ve convinced myslef it’s cancer and the stress is just killing me.

Anyone else have any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmusic View Post
    9 months and 2 pages of replies isn’t enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmusic View Post
    Gmusic... Please seek out real life professional help for your anxiety. As someone who has dealt with real health issues, to see what I consider a child suffering for no reason is heart breaking

As Clarity stated... What else can be said?

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information