Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stag night stress

Re: Stag night stress

So how can I take my mind off this? I try and forget it and the worry I need to impress someone comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So how can I take my mind off this? I try and forget it and the worry I need to impress someone comes back?
    How do you take your mind off anything? Do something that interests you and absorbs your mind. Video games, exercise, drawing, walking, watching TV, playing music... Whatever works for you.

To be honest if I went to a stag do and a minor celebrity was hired to hang round with us I'd think that was a bit lame rather than be impressed.

Your friends aren't there to be impressed. They're there to have a good time with the future groom. Do you understand that?

It shouldn't be all about "show", Phil. I wouldn't want to pay anyone to turn up just to impress my friends. Do you think that no one would come unless you had paid for some ex "celeb" to attend?

Hm since you're into football why not instead take that money and splurge on some front row seats at a game? Maybe it can even be incorporated into your celebration plans? Spend a couple of hours watching 22 footballers do what they do best!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don't know about anyone else but if I were going to a stag party, I'd be much more impressed with a knock out stripper than an ex footballer

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

A comedian sounds good to me. What you want is a good laugh and a load of beer. Can't help thinking your Perfectionism is intruding again. Would you all be impressed by some ex footballer bloke telling a few stories? Do friends/family compete to out do each other in such celebrations?

Ronaldo's fee should be dropping at the moment...

Think yourself lucky, if I were arranging it you would end up with a granny-o-gram to sit on your knee, give you a good spanking and a big sloppy kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but if I were going to a stag party, I'd be much more impressed with a knock out stripper than an ex footballer

Positive thoughts
    it all depends on what floats your boat

I gave up on the idea a few week back then decided to book then cancel.

Now I want to book. I seem very indecisive about it I feel I need the footballer there and sometimes I think I should go a holiday instead then I think I would rather have him.

I know people said I shouldn’t do it but it seems a good idea but it’s causing me anxiety I reckon as it’s a big expensive to get one there maybe I worry it’s not a good idea?

Isn't money a bit tight around Xmas time, Phil? You said this in the washbasket thread.

If it's all about impressing other people then it's not a good idea. Why do you need the footballer there?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Isn't money a bit tight around Xmas time, Phil? You said this in the washbasket thread.

If it's all about impressing other people then it's not a good idea. Why do you need the footballer there?
    Some of its Xmas money. I could either use it for a holiday or do the footballer thing and delay my holiday plans. With the wedding coming up I’m unsure if I will be as keen on travelling.

Yes it is about impressing but my bucket list seems to want me to meet a celeb of some kind and would feel good to have someone high profile there I keep switching on if I should do it or not but I was like this with driving lessons this week I was going to then cancelled I worry I am wasting peoples time? Problem is I over think stuff and it goes round my head then goes onto the next big idea

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information