Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throat bumps. Scared

Throat bumps. Scared

Hello,
    For the past six months I have had white bumps in the back of my throat. I often get sore throats as well. I’m an 18 year old female and I have lupus. I got these checked out a few months ago and the doctor said everything was fine and dismissed it. But they are still here. I am so scared. Could it be cancer? An STD (although I’m a virgin)? Or just a side effect of lupus? Please help I’m very scared. Thank you so much

Re: Throat bumps. Scared

A bunch of bumps in the back of the throat? Sounds like cobblestone throat, it’s 100% harmless and is caused by reflux or dryness or something along those lines.

Thank you for your reply. I’m always convinced that I have some sort of disease. And it’s even scarier when I have visible symptoms.

Sounds a bit like tonsil stones. They are harmless but can cause really bad breath. At 18 years old throat cancer would be near on impossible. Please try not to panic. I'm sure u can get a tool to remove them x

Quote Originally Posted by Gmusic View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I’m always convinced that I have some sort of disease. And it’s even scarier when I have visible symptoms.
    How's your symptoms?

This thread is from February. I would imagine they've resolved as the OP was last on in June.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I actually still have these bumps in my throat. I’ve had them for almost two years now. Kinda scared. Maybe it’s just a chronic thing that I live with. I do have lupus. I just had a doctor appointment with a full CBC and my doc said that my results came back better than they have ever been. So I would doubt it’s cancer or something as that would most likely show up in some form on a blood test. I’d still love some reassurance? Any thoughts?

What better reassurance can you get outside of your doctor and test results?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

You are right. I guess it just kind of freaks me out that they have been there so long. Do you think if it was cancer or something very serious it would show up on a blood test after two year?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmusic View Post
    You are right. I guess it just kind of freaks me out that they have been there so long. Do you think if it was cancer or something very serious it would show up on a blood test after two year?
    The real question is... Do you? (that's a 'yes' or 'no' answer )

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information