Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Throat/Tongue symptoms caused by anxiety?

Re: Anxiety about throat cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue23Blent View Post
    Has anyone experienced or throat looks like the photo I posted? Here is another angle that may be better.Attachment 4146
    You have a professional ENT that says you’re fine, but you’d rather have an opinion from untrained strangers on the Internet??? Does that seem logical to you???

Quote Originally Posted by Blue23Blent View Post
    Not sure what's causing me not to trust the ENT.
    Severe Health Anxiety perhaps?

Are you getting any help for that?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Why are you posting on an anxiety forum?

Have you looked up the throat symptoms for anxiety?

And lastly, when does it bother you most?

By all means go and see another doctor. I don’t think anything we say will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, fishmanpa must be getting crazy with all these posts
    I just had eval form top oral cancer surgeon. I had similar symptoms, growth in base of throat, irritation of the area, dry throat, and above all, lots of panic attacks about these, etc. None of these are apparently cancer symptoms.

HPV+ cancer apparently presents with cystic mass on the neck. Even when it is only 2mm tumor growth, it already spreads down to the neck fast. In addition, there might be a hard knuckle growth on the lingual tonsil area. Like you can't feel or see the growth, but if you palpate the area, there will be a hard rock acorn in there. And last, sometimes, it can cause one sided ear pain..but that can be caused by many other things.

Basically, I have enlarged lingual tonsils due to acid reflex. Didn't believe the first 2 highly trained ENTs who told me that...but when I got to the Head of oral surgery in UCLA...and he said the same...well, its hard to worry anymore. I still feel all of the symptoms that you feel. Take nexium for 3 months. Its chronic condition though...so it might never go away.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Amoment ofClarity...don't be so judgmental. HA sucks...and its not possible to control. Mean comments don't help.

I had two Oral surgeons tell me I don't have cancer, yet had several panic attacks. The internet tells you this cancer is very hard to diagnose. So I get it...
    It really sucks to have something in your mouth...you can't forget, even if your doc says "its just acid reflux". It is "something"...just not cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by julieta79 View Post
    Oh my, fishmanpa must be getting crazy with all these posts
    I just had eval form top oral cancer surgeon. I had similar symptoms, growth in base of throat, irritation of the area, dry throat, and above all, lots of panic attacks about these, etc. None of these are apparently cancer symptoms.

HPV+ cancer apparently presents with cystic mass on the neck. Even when it is only 2mm tumor growth, it already spreads down to the neck fast. In addition, there might be a hard knuckle growth on the lingual tonsil area. Like you can't feel or see the growth, but if you palpate the area, there will be a hard rock acorn in there. And last, sometimes, it can cause one sided ear pain..but that can be caused by many other things.

Basically, I have enlarged lingual tonsils due to acid reflex. Didn't believe the first 2 highly trained ENTs who told me that...but when I got to the Head of oral surgery in UCLA...and he said the same...well, its hard to worry anymore. I still feel all of the symptoms that you feel. Take nexium for 3 months. Its chronic condition though...so it might never go away.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Amoment ofClarity...don't be so judgmental. HA sucks...and its not possible to control. Mean comments don't help.

I had two Oral surgeons tell me I don't have cancer, yet had several panic attacks. The internet tells you this cancer is very hard to diagnose. So I get it...
    It really sucks to have something in your mouth...you can't forget, even if your doc says "its just acid reflux". It is "something"...just not cancer.

I think the main thing for me is this extreme health anxiety that makes all of my symptoms over the top. I have a follow up tomorrow with the same ENT. I've always been filled with anxiety and worry whenever I have something that could potentially be cancer. My past two scares (cyst and mucocele) have been nothing.

Any tips on how to stop the worry even when symptoms persist?

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Why are you posting on an anxiety forum?

Have you looked up the throat symptoms for anxiety?

And lastly, when does it bother you most?

By all means go and see another doctor. I don’t think anything we say will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are throat symptoms caused by anxiety. Also, It bothers me most throughout the day and seems to be not so bad at night.

Yes, I know it is horrible, very very nasty...because you have something and it feels like what else can it be. It is very bizarre but actual HPV cancer...you DON'T HAVE THE FEELING that you have something.
    I stopped my anxiety by going to a top oncologist. No trips to my VERY well trained ENTs helped. My ENT #1 scoped me 3 times. he said there is no way this is cancer.

I felt ok for 24 hours, then panic set in again.
    Then second opinion ENT...sits on the tumor board of large hospital. still didn't reassure me. Within 48 hrs, I was a mess...constantly staring my throat, and palpating things.

So...I found the top of the top, head of neck oncology, world famous, published author, etc...and he told me the same. What is funny is he also said he has trained my other two ENTs at some time. So...well trained ENTs know what to look for.

When I read these kind of statements before, didn't help me. So I don't know what can help you.
    I guess when you exhaust every channel...you will have no choice but to stop worrying.

the expert told me.."I don't know how to help you, but maybe when you hear it from 3-4 people, you will be forced to move on"

So...I finally moved on (I think!). it was hell of a 4 months.
    I PROMISE YOU ARE OK!!!

It's crazy because some days it feels like it's going to get better but then it comes back and seems worse than before. Then I get back into freaking out that it's something serious and can't seem to break the cycle. I just want the ENT to solve the symptoms. Troubling and uncomfortable. It's like when I swallow the food is trying to get forced down and there is no saliva to do it.

Yes, I know it is horrible, very very nasty...because you have something and it feels like what else can it be. It is very bizarre but actual HPV cancer...you DON'T HAVE THE FEELING that you have something.
    I stopped my anxiety by going to a top oncologist. No trips to my VERY well trained ENTs helped. My ENT #1 scoped me 3 times. he said there is no way this is cancer.

I felt ok for 24 hours, then panic set in again.
    Then second opinion ENT...sits on the tumor board of large hospital. still didn't reassure me. Within 48 hrs, I was a mess...constantly staring my throat, and palpating things.

So...I found the top of the top, head of neck oncology, world famous, published author, etc...and he told me the same. What is funny is he also said he has trained my other two ENTs at some time. So...well trained ENTs know what to look for.

When I read these kind of statements before, didn't help me. So I don't know what can help you.
    I guess when you exhaust every channel...you will have no choice but to stop worrying.

the expert told me.."I don't know how to help you, but maybe when you hear it from 3-4 people, you will be forced to move on"

So...I finally moved on (I think!). it was hell of a 4 months.
    I PROMISE YOU ARE OK!!!
    With all due respect, this is terrible advice for anxiety treatment. Seeking out “top oncologists”??? That’s reassurance seeking on steroids. Great that it worked for you, but it generally perpetuates a never ending cycle of health anxiety. The OP should be focused on treating their mental illness, not chasing down reassurance for a physical illness that doesn’t exist.

Yes, no need to tell me...I had 4 month of this hell. Rotate two good days, and then boom, worse days. It went so bad that two days before my big test in UCLA I only layed down in the bed, and didn't want to stand up. I was so sure I have it, I watched the videos of surgery, read everything in the medial journals...poor hell!

I hope ENT will solve it for you. But he won't...you will NOT believe the same ENT.

Dr expert told me...one CT scan could have solved your problem right away.
    Now the wait for results is horrible. But if you have facility that gives report same day...you might try that. Overall, its horrible thing to live through.
    Just find one thing that will finally zap it.
    It won't be your ENT though. HA people don't trust doctors. You need some sort of test. CT scan is the fastest one

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Amoment ofClarity
    I get it and I tried really hard to follow what you say, as I have REALLY bad anxiety.
    What makes this issue different is...the symptoms are NOT all on your head. You have pain. Its not like oh ok, health anxiety...move on. How do you move on when your throat HURTS?

So...the reassurance is a problem when everything you have is ONLY anxiety. When you have REAL problem...you go find a doctor who can evaluate you, and has credentials to rule it out.
    Bad things do happen to HA people. It is not right to say...oh this is your anxiety, you are fine.

The OP needs to find a way to fix his problem. vague "you are fine" will just spin him out of control. No reading of how reassurance is bad for you will help with the pain in your throat.

I forgot to mention that this issue is often CHRONIC (meaning it doesn't get better in 4 months, or 10 months, so it always reminds you that you have it)...so lots of ppl become "cancerophobic" when it happens. Not only HA. And they go to 25 doctors. Its very common.
    So...this is not you regular HA problem.
    Last edited by julieta79; 26-07-18 at 00:40.

So...this is not you regular HA problem.
    You’re kidding right!?!? Aches and pains that have been cleared or diagnosed benign by a doctor, yet still considered life threatening by the poster constitute 90% of the posts on here....here being an ANXIETY website...

The OP has been examined and is actively working through things with an ENT. Encouraging them to self refer to oncologists for additional reassurance is completely irresponsible.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information