Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all!

Hi all!

Hi to all!I am new here, joined this morning because I started to have panic attacks again recently (after 8 pretty good years in recovery!)I can't believe this is happening to me again but would like some advice from forum members if possible.I know from bitter experience that I can get through this again, but can really do without this at the moment (sure everyone feels the same there though!)I'll post more in another topic.Thanks.

hello Student,

Welcome to the forum!! I'm sure you'll get loads of support here..

Sarah

Hi Student

Welcome to the site and sorry to hear you are suffering again. You will get lots of support and great advice on here. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thanks for that both!It's great that there's somewhere to come to where people understand where you're coming from.This website is great and must have helped countless people when they feel in a pretty desperate state.THANKS!

Hi Student,
    Firstly welcome to the site honey,
    As you said you have got over this before...it's a bu...r when it returns, but, hey you have loads of people on here that will give you loads of advice and support.

It's a great site..
    Take care

with good wishes

Zena

Hi student ,

Welcome to the site,

Do you know whats going on within you that has recreated them ?
    What sort of newish stress or lifesyle have you got ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Student
    Sorry to hear that things aren't so good. But welome to the forum. Everyone here will give you plenty of help and support.
    Take care
    Tracy
    x

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that the PA's have returned...but there's lots of helpful friendly people here who'll support you through this.

Linda.x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Hi

Welcome to the forum. You are in the best place to find help, advice and support. As you said you have beaten it before and you will beat it again Just have faith in yourself. Being a student you place yourself under alot of pressure and sometimes I guess we have to have an outlet for it. yours is unfortunately Pa's. You will as i have said beat it and until you do we are all here for you.
    Take care

Take care and stay positive

Janine

Thanks all!
    Yes, even though it is back, I know it can be beaten as I have done it before.I know that may sound a bit disheartening to people (ie that it may reaccur), but honestly, it CAN be done (and I was terrified every time I went out the front door when I first had them 10 years ago.)I would say don't be frightened to seek professional help, it can really help.Acknowledging you have a problem to a professional is often the first step to recovery.It's a gradual process and doesn't happen overnight.I got out there and set myself small (but by no means insignificant) goals.Just walking to the post office was a great step, for example.Going to work without feeling sick with fear was perhaps one of the most major breakthroughs!
    In answer to Meg's question, I think it has come back because of the stress I have been under over the past year (moving home, leaving job, bereavement, becoming a student, and lots of other things I won't go into).Looking back, I can see what's happened would stress anyone out - I don't know how I managed to go on for so long without feeling the effects, as I ignored the signs!It just shows how important it is to be aware of the need to look after yourself, and to recognise and address the signs of stress before you really hit a bad patch.It's prompted me to make some major lifestyle changes, including visiting a homeopath, losing weight and getting more exercise. Just generally looking after myself.Life is so hectic we often ignore pretty basic things like these that would help a lot.
    I may sound very positive but I'm still really worried about getting through this, so your support has been really appreciated.If I can help anyone else in any way (support, encouragement) I would gladly do so.
    LOL,
    X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information