Thread: Ovulation pains or something worse??!!

Ovulation pains or something worse??!!

Hi
    I hope someone can help or at least throw me a glimmer of hope/info that will stop me worrying...I am 39 and last month I started getting shooting pains in my lower left waist just above my hip, I can remember one day getting one that almost doubled me over it hurt so much. This happened on and off last month and then I came on and can't remember if they have stopped at all or just continued throughout my period and just been lighter and less noticeable?? I had a really heavy period this last month too! Then on day 7/8 I recall that the pains got more regular again and I still have them now, day 14, I have had very slight dark discharge today and also have periodish pains, dull ache in lower back and my boobs are sore. It is this pain in my left side (and right occasionally) and hip that are concerning me the most. I would have thought that if it was ovulation pains (which I have had in the past but on specific days that correlated with ovulation) that they would have been on specific days and not so constant and for so long AND on both sides??!! I had a laparosopy last Nov which was clear and I had to have a blood test in May/June as my iron is always too low when I try to give blood. I had to start taking over the counter iron tablets. I am now worrying that this depletion in iron is because of ovarian cancer??!! Does anyone know how soon after a laparoscopy you can develop some problems/cancer!!?? Hope someone can help as I am winding myself up, thanks in advance x

Re: Ovulation pains or something worse??!!

I had ovulation pain from starting periods until I was 46 and I am now 49 and rarely get the pain as I have almost stopped ovulating but still having periods. I remember that for about a year before I stopped ovulating the pain was terrible and lasted for weeks rather than the 4-5 days that it had previosly and previously it had always ended on day 14 but that all changed.

Just for your peace of mind why don't you go to the Dr and explain your symptoms as it sounds as if you are entering perimenopause and its certainly an interesting time! If Dr tries to fob you off ask for a pelvic utlrasoud again to put your mind at rest - I would admit i was worried about ovarian cancer and just a basic ultrasound would show up anything that needed further investigations. This is not because I think you need one but if you say had a little cyst (harmless) then this would show up and may explain your pain.

Exclamation Re: Ovulation pains or something worse??!!

Thanks for that countrygirl, anybody else had these symptoms and all month long ovulation pains ??? happy endings?? x

Thread Information