Thread: Red coloured poo in normal poo

Red coloured poo in normal poo

Had 2 very wide bowel movements past 2 days both times some of the poo has been reddish in colour (not dark red..more towards a pink red colour).it's reddish poo bits mixed in with light and dark brown so maybe less than a 6th is reddish.

It's not blood mixed in its just the reddish hue poo. My poo has been different shades of brown n yellow and hard to pass due to lack of eating and stress and withholding bowel movements...lots of ignoring the urge go and I have been taking stool softners dulcolease as I am constipated...I had no poo problems until my anxiety but have been having lots of gas. I had pain but that's gone after bm.I realise I have put my bowels through the ringer and I have made myself constipated and me lying around upset all day has given me sluggish digestion.

Some sites say it could be something you ate but I've not ate any red foods recently. Maybe 3 days ago I ate plum jam which was very deep red and I had strawberries that day....Also had cranberry juice before that. I am drinking nourishment can drinks also. I am so worried about it being bowel cancer after everything else.

Anyone had reddish poo beforehand and it was ok?
    Last edited by Bootles; 19-08-19 at 22:47.

Re: Red coloured poo in normal poo

Quote Originally Posted by Bootles View Post
    Maybe 3 days ago I ate plum jam which was very deep red and I had strawberries that day....Also had cranberry juice before that.

Cranberry juice was 4 days ago. Can food really take 4 or 5 days to transit if you have constipation due to lying down a lot, withholding stool, stress and lack of fibre?

Sure. I had a friend who used to poo once a fortnight not healthy or recommended, but anyway. Don't suppose you've eaten any beetroot? Stool holding isn't a good idea - please don't. Can you work on your diet a bit? I think some of us gave you some suggestions in another thread.

No beetroot....I hate the stuff.

Just went again and I couldn't see most of it due to the shape of the loo but all the small pieces i could see were brown.

Went again this pm which is good in itself. Wide bowel movement just brown. Hoping it stays that colour. I am quite sore now though due to the width.

You need to look at your diet and get more fibre possibly.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information