Page 262 of 717 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You could very well be right, but surely whoever was in power would have got it in the neck. Johnson, May, Cameron, Brown, Blair, Major, Thatcher, you name them!
    And remember, it would have been Corbyn. People are dreaming if they think this incompetent would have been any better.

And the scientists would be the same ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I emailed you FM. But your daughter will get over it. She's just butt hurt because she had to do some adulting.
    Agreed.

Is she moving out for a while or permanently? The latter is much harder to do but it will be growing up time.

Quote Originally Posted by wobblehead View Post
    Hi Terry

I was shocked about doctors in your country refusing to see sick patients
    That is truly scandalous. Who do they think they are

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Buster. I hope your uncle gets well soon. This horrid virus is really tearing families apart.
    They were still seeing some but you had to go to them which stranded all the vulnerable housebound. To be honest GPs are variable in this country. It's called the NHS but it's far from that once you leave hospitals and look at the community care side. Local health boards operate differently, surgeries do different things. Mental health patients with serious risks have died because of the differences in policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    This was the reason we lost my mum because the GPs all hid , you couldn’t get to see them just a phone consultation, in the end an ambulance came and paramedics checked her over and took her to hospital, had she been seen by a doctor earlier she would have been given antibiotics and probably still be here , my mums older brother is now in hospital with covid , he hasn’t been well for a while and had a fall at home , since going in hospital he caught covid .
    I still hang on to the fact most people don’t get ill or if they do they get better , BBC news love to scaremonger bad news sells a lot better than good , when things pick up and they will the news channels will find some other global catastrophe to scare the shite out of us with .
    Buster, I didn't know this mate. I'm truly sorry you lost your mum.

We were so lucky that we had recently started weekly treatment with the district nurses and they were chasing our doctors for us. We felt ignored and alone. No answers and little support. It was a frightening situation and I can understand your anger at them as we had the same problems getting them to do the most basic of things, things they were happily doing if you do it over the phone or get into the surgery. The most vulnerable were ignored or shunted to an ambulance service that was overrun.

I hope your uncle recovers soon and gets out of that place.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    And remember, it would have been Corbyn. People are dreaming if they think this incompetent would have been any better.

And the scientists would be the same ones too.
    That's not really the argument though. Boris has left everything to late every step of the way. The first wave, the second wave in November, Christmas, Schools going back after Christmas and this wave. Every step of the way he has delayed despite the data and scientific advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    That's not really the argument though. Boris has left everything to late every step of the way. The first wave, the second wave in November, Christmas, Schools going back after Christmas and this wave. Every step of the way he has delayed despite the data and scientific advice.
    Boris has kept doing the inevitable, but doing the inevitable at the last minute and three weeks after it became inevitable, so that it becomes inevitable that the inevitable won't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    The trouble is we had a choice of 2. If Labour got in it would be under Corbyn who is well known to be cautious. I can't see him being decisive suddenly. It would come down to who was pulling his strings just as it has with BoJo.

Yes, BoJo has sat back until pushed. It could be argued he did the same with his endless deadline backpeddling with the EU. Perhaps that points to a weak government lacking the balls to take the hard decisions? But a Labour ran by the man who couldn't make a decision wouldn't be any better.

I can't imagine the mess we would be in if it was still May & Corbyn with a zombie parliament. They got nothing done.

It really came at a bad time when we were trying to get past a single issue. I think a couple of GEs on from Brexit we might have a chance at a government elected for a wider manifesto.

Hi Mr. Fishman

I am sorry for your family problems but actually your story is
    more interesting than the ghastly virus news. I feel like I am
    watching a soap on tv. I do not know what is happening with myneighbors because I never leave the apartment but I am sure that there are many families that cannot function in these days.

I am content that your daughter decided to evict herself. Do you have to prepare meals? Do you have another children? I have a younger sister at junior high. She is a figure skater and Olympic hope but now cannot train so she is very bad tempered.

Sorry Mr. Fish.an but I have one question more

If Mrs. Fishman stays in bed all day, who buys her the unhealthy sweet snack food? I guess your daughter but now that she is gone, you can refuse to buy her that junk. In that way she will have to leave her bed to buy herself. If she is cunning and orders online delivery, you can remove when the delivery arrives.

My gran always says that sometimes you must be severe to be kind.

Our premier Justin Trudeau is kind of goofy but not a crétin. I think he is less famous outside Canada than the other Justin who is a total jerk

Page 262 of 717 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast

Thread Information