Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Memory Anyone

Bad Memory Anyone

I'm really aware the past few months that my memory has got worse and worse and I dont' know if it's anxiety, age or something worse.

My worse thing seems to be when I am cooking dinner, I've lost count of the times I've put something in the oven, under the grill or on the hob and walked off and forgotten about it

For the first time last night when I popped down to the Tesco Express with my partner I actually had to take a list with me as I keep on forgetting what I need. I'm not even talking about buying a full shop as I can't do that, it's just picking up a few odds and ends.

I know if I go to the Dr she will just say it's anxiety, but I do worry it's something like dementia or alzheimers

Re: Bad Memory Anyone

Hi Alabasterlyn, my memory is also shot to pieces and i have a terrible lack of concentration, i am sure it is linked to my anxiety as it only takes a small panic and i can't think about anything else around me. In the past i have set my kitchen on fire when i forgot the chip pan (luckily a man walking past saw the flames and burst into my house, i am not sure who was the most scared !) yesterday i left some bread in the toaster and totally forgot untill i realised i was surounded by a black mist and even then i couldn't understand why, and today i have been phoning round for car insurance and when i was asked for my home phone number i went blank and had to give them my daughters mobile number that is written down. As your number is not something you usually write down i still can't remember what it is and after the code it is only 4 digits longand i have had the same number for 4 years!!!. I daren't ask anybody as they will think i am round the bend, looks like it is going to be another of those annoying side effects we have to put up with, lol.

Jacq x

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Thanks Jacq, glad it isn't just me. Today I went to turn up the volume of the TV with the remote control and for a few seconds I couldn't figure out which was the volume button

your not alone here,I have to write everything down,shopping,what things Iv got to do!!!!I will come on the computer and totally forget what I came on for.I will go to say something and forget what it was!!!

Oh good grief how many times do I go upstairs and think what the hell am I up here for?? I have to go back downstairs to remember!!

And I am so busy checking the backdoor a thousand times that I leave the hob on!!

I have just deleted my whole 'in box' of pm's that I needed for the NMP pamphlet not concentrating on whether I was in my 'in box' or my 'sent box'!!

I'm far too busy remembering things to actually really remember things!!

Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by Alabasterlyn View Post
    Thanks Jacq, glad it isn't just me. Today I went to turn up the volume of the TV with the remote control and for a few seconds I couldn't figure out which was the volume button
    Yes but do you take it out thinking it's your mobile???

Piglet

Hi

I too have a bad memory, ive started to write everything in my diary so i dont forget.

I even called my Hubby "Dave" the other day ! His name is Kevin.......ohhh i dont no how i got myself out of that one ! lol

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Andi -

Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Yes but do you take it out thinking it's your mobile???

Piglet
    I know I shouldn't laugh, but that does sound funny Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee3939 View Post
    Hi

I even called my Hubby "Dave" the other day ! His name is Kevin.......ohhh i dont no how i got myself out of that one ! lol

Love

Andrea
    xxxx
    Now if I did that I'd be in real trouble I tell you

If you spent a day with me hun then you'd go home feeling your life has real clarity after all!!

Piglet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information