Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried I could have high blood pressure

Re: Worried I could have high blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Rainbow View Post
    I have had orthostatic hypotension since I was a child. When I stand up sometimes (not always), I get grey-blue in my eyes, so I can't see pretty much, and I get revving/hissing sound in my ears, and I feel lite headed as if I was going to fall down. This only lasts for a second or two though and goes away. For some reason I suspect what the OP described is simply anxiety, not even orthostatic hypotension.
    It's her reaction to it that's anxiety IMO. Stand up too quickly, get a bit dizzy, turns into a brain tumor I get it too especially since I'm on BP meds and beta blockers. Ehhh...It is what it is and not serious.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-12-18 at 17:17.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I asked my doc about occasionally severe/strong dizzy spells and the like after standing up. She suggested POTS/orthostatic hypotension. She said the only test for it is testing orthostatics (e.g. checking BP while lying, sitting then standing). But frankly, it's pointless. There's no guarantee it would happen during the test because it isn't every time. And it's entirely harmless.

It痴 not even really dizzyness anyway it痴 more likely a feeling of throbbing pressure around my face and temples. The reason I said it was dizzyness is I would occasionally get it as a kid where my whole head would throb but at the same time I would see dots and my whole vision would go dark. I also noticed sometimes my heart rate goes up when I stand up because I feel it in my chest.

I get the pressure, too, as well as the increased heart rate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information