Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leg discomfort and worried about blood clots

Re: Leg discomfort and worried about blood clots

The brain zaps have continued all evening, very unsettling and scary. Almost feels like I could faint or have a seizure. I broke down to my friend who was with me almost begging to take me to a&e and my mum came upstairs and had a good talk to me to settle me down.

I feel so vulnerable, almost like I’m a child again and not a 23 year old woman.

This is what anxiety does to me though, makes me feel so small and helpless.

I’m hoping a good sleep will help and a more positive mind set will help. These brain zaps are only something I’ve really experienced when withdrawing from meds so it’s all quite weird and unusual to just be having them at this time.

I’m sorry I keep posting a lot! Just finding it helpful to put all of these things out there for me to look at if I’m struggling again

Hi oxoShannon

Just wanted to let you know I have been there and know exactly how you feel!

It’s horrible isn’t it! I had them same symptom with the painful calf - stupidly googled and found myself in a compete state of Panic that a clot was already making its way to my lungs

I was a mess honestly - I also have high blood pressure which did not help my case

This lasted for 10 days of suffering in silence before I took myself to the doctors

My legs were also measured and the sore one was slightly bigger - I got the the D Dimer test done and funnily enough no clot

That night was the first I had slept in ages and guess what the pain went away

I honestly could not believe how much anxiety had controlled my brain and heightened my symptoms

I hope this passes for you soon and you can move on as it’s a horrible feeling to live with x

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    Hi oxoShannon

Just wanted to let you know I have been there and know exactly how you feel!

It’s horrible isn’t it! I had them same symptom with the painful calf - stupidly googled and found myself in a compete state of Panic that a clot was already making its way to my lungs

I was a mess honestly - I also have high blood pressure which did not help my case

This lasted for 10 days of suffering in silence before I took myself to the doctors

My legs were also measured and the sore one was slightly bigger - I got the the D Dimer test done and funnily enough no clot

That night was the first I had slept in ages and guess what the pain went away

I honestly could not believe how much anxiety had controlled my brain and heightened my symptoms

I hope this passes for you soon and you can move on as it’s a horrible feeling to live with x

Hiiii!

So sorry to hear you’ve been going through it too :( but pleased to hear you’re doing better! that’s great, well done!

I’m sure I’ll be okay, right now it doesn’t feel possible. Especially with the brain zap feelings, they’re horrendous. The amount of stress ive put myself through though there’s no surprise I’m getting them.

My legs keep feeling funny on and off but no where near like they were. Just up and down! I have two tattoos tomorrow on each calf which I’ve been worrying about, thinking the tattoo will set off something in my legs which has been painful and kill me. But I don’t want the anxiety to stop me doing something I’ve been so excited for! It’s a hard thing to deal with.

Just hoping tomorrow will be a better day!

MS has become my concern now since the brain zaps started.

As you can tell I’m deep in my anxiety hole by jumping through different illnesses in the space of a few days.

I’ve looked MS up and yeah looks like I tick off a bunch of symptoms but they’re also similar to anxiety. BUT ALSO, MS actually affects only 100,000 people in the uk. 2.5 million worldwide, that’s not a lot in the grand scheme of the size of the planet.

I am not special enough to be one of those because my minds told me so I must remember that.

It’s all just vitamin d deficiency

sooooo my saga continues, but in an okay way.

Went to discuss my vitamin d levels with my nurse today, she said they were 24 and this was very low. Lower than when they were last tested in 2016 so they’ve probably just declined and declined. Which is why I’ve felt so poorly, makes sense.

She helps me a lot.

I mentioned the brain zaps and the sudden fear of MS, she had no concerns and says she quietly confident that everything I’m feeling is due to my vitamin levels.

So there we go, that’s what I’ve got to go on for now. I’m trying to treat it in a way I treated myself when I had iron deficiency and severe anaemia when I was younger. In my 13 year old, pre health anxiety head that’s all it was. I went to my doctors appointments, had the blood tests, took the tablets, took the time I needed to rest and recover and had a blood transfusion all while realising this is all it was. I’m going to try and do the same here, take my supplements for vitamin d, go for follow up blood tests and rest and take the relevant action.

Yeah, the health anxiety thoughts will pop up. But for now I have to focus on the vitamin d, that’s the problem which has been discovered. No other concerns by the medical professionals. Time to look after myself.

Hiiiii, it’s been a few days but I’m still getting these body zaps and muscle twitches. The thoughts of MS is still very prominent in my head. I hate that I’ve gone from blood clots to MS, it’s annoyed me a lot.

I can’t get it out of my head though, I know I’m very much focusing on the twitching and what not but god I’m scared

I was doing good for a few days, calm, no worries.

Leg discomfort is back, the past few days I’ve had funny eyes - one was twitchy and ever since I’ve just felt unfocused. The electric zaps have tapered away but now the leg pain is back.

MS is quite clearly on my mind and I just want to cling on to feeling okay but it feels impossible with this fear looming over me :(

If anyone has any advice on MS anxiety that would be great...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information