Thread: Anxiety symptoms

Anxiety symptoms

Pins and needles/numbness feeling down one side? Especially my leg, arm, right side of my tongue and face. This can't be an anxiety symptom surely?! Comes on when I'm not even feeling anxious..

Re: Anxiety symptoms

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

*raises hand* Me. The one sided numbness / tingling -- left side. Hand, sometimes arm, sometimes foot, sometimes left side of my face feels numb/ cold (sometimes I swear I'm even slurring my speech slightly because of it), left eye feels uncomfortable (difficult to say _how_ it feels, just ... not 100% right.)

The first day I felt it, in Aug 2018, it was my left hand and lower leg ... I stayed up all night worrying that I was dying, that I was having a stroke or an aneurysm rupture in slow motion. Went to the docs the next day and mentioned it, and he brushed it off completely.

Since then, I have had the symptoms widen out to the list above. My worries switched to brain tumor or MS. MS is my #1 fear now.

Doc has since sent me for a brain MRI (only thing that showed on the results was that I have sinusitis, apparently), and I have a neurologist appointment in two weeks that I'm tempted to cancel because I'm scared.

2018 was very stressful -- in addition to the normal work of running a household and raising kids (which does not come easily to me :( ), my job was insane, with a very demanding, toxic client, I had a family of 5 stay with us for several months, my dad became ill, was hospitalized and we've been in and out of appointments and hospital since (he's since been diagnosed with Stage 1 lung cancer.) My anxiety has been very bad, my health anxiety -- which goes in waves usually lasting 4-6 months at a time -- has been terrible. In March 2018 I started worrying about chest pains I was getting (heart? esophageal cancer?), before that from Aug 2017-Feb or so, I was worried about ovarian cancer. It never ends.

This one-sided numbness/tingling has held on a long time. I am very worried. For about 2 weeks after my MRI results I was the happiest, and most normal I've been in MONTHS. I miss it. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasia View Post
    *raises hand* Me. The one sided numbness / tingling -- left side. Hand, sometimes arm, sometimes foot, sometimes left side of my face feels numb/ cold (sometimes I swear I'm even slurring my speech slightly because of it), left eye feels uncomfortable (difficult to say _how_ it feels, just ... not 100% right.)

The first day I felt it, in Aug 2018, it was my left hand and lower leg ... I stayed up all night worrying that I was dying, that I was having a stroke or an aneurysm rupture in slow motion. Went to the docs the next day and mentioned it, and he brushed it off completely.

Since then, I have had the symptoms widen out to the list above. My worries switched to brain tumor or MS. MS is my #1 fear now.

Doc has since sent me for a brain MRI (only thing that showed on the results was that I have sinusitis, apparently), and I have a neurologist appointment in two weeks that I'm tempted to cancel because I'm scared.

2018 was very stressful -- in addition to the normal work of running a household and raising kids (which does not come easily to me :( ), my job was insane, with a very demanding, toxic client, I had a family of 5 stay with us for several months, my dad became ill, was hospitalized and we've been in and out of appointments and hospital since (he's since been diagnosed with Stage 1 lung cancer.) My anxiety has been very bad, my health anxiety -- which goes in waves usually lasting 4-6 months at a time -- has been terrible. In March 2018 I started worrying about chest pains I was getting (heart? esophageal cancer?), before that from Aug 2017-Feb or so, I was worried about ovarian cancer. It never ends.

This one-sided numbness/tingling has held on a long time. I am very worried. For about 2 weeks after my MRI results I was the happiest, and most normal I've been in MONTHS. I miss it. :'(
    Heyy! Now it's my turn to reassure YOU.

Back in 2014, I had a pretty odd health scare. I was on vacation and suddenly came down with a very severe flu. I began shaking violently (mostly due to anxiety, I thought) and delayed my flight home by 3 days. Once home, I went to my doctor. MRI later (which showed white matter lesions on my brain) sent me to a neurologist.

Who then.... decided to take the wait and see approach.

2 more MRIs and my white matter lesions cleared up, my SED rate went back down (it was SKYrocketed!), and my neurologist said "it was probably encephalitis." That's it!

They had thought possible MS due to clinical symptoms and the white matter lesions, but even at that point, it was a "wait and see."

With MS as a possibility, I researched it like crazy. And do you know something? Once I felt like I had educated myself, I felt prepared for a diagnosis. And then... the diagnosis never came... lol And I feel better! (except for my current woes, in my own thread haha)

So I guess what I'm saying is, even for something as scary as MS, not everything happens all at once quick quick quick, you know? You have time. Just breathe. You got this.

I had this and it was an aura without migraine! So terrifying, I went to the drs and they told me it was anxiety (it wasn’t) I also had visual problems and was speaking in jumble, it was like I’d had a stroke! Think it was down to being pregnant as it isn’t happened since x

Thread Information