Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood pressure different on each arm

Fears of angina

feeling very worried again have light chest pain in solar plexus region and the pain is also in my bottom set of teeth comes on at any time but usually when sitting down after movement feel a bit lightheaded with it too. My bp is on the high end of normal. Sometimes a tiny bit over. But very anxious as my dad had heary attack aged 29 and passed away aged 54. I am 45. Not on any medication dont t smoke or drink and walk 6 miles daily but cant shake the thought of having angina.

Re: Fears of angina

I have it. Heavy stress and sometimes pushing myself too hard physically brings it on. I keep nitro around when it comes on which thankfully isn't often. Thing is, I have diagnosed heart disease which is the cause of angina. If you've not been diagnosed with heart disease, then you don't have it.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 14-12-18 at 20:46.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Fears of angina

I have no idea what angina feels like, and I've worried about it before. I'd say chances are you'd be able to discern it from routine/non-cardiac chest pain though. From what I remember reading, it's some pretty serious stuff.

aortic aneurysm Fears

Feeling really crap at the moment keep getting chest and solar plexus pain thats sore to touch when walking and when lying down at nght feeling rubbish internally with it, also got pain at the back,of my knee when walking Got palpatations when lying down and feels like a lump in my throat ewhich effects my breathing, also sweating on my back a huge amount really panicky its heart related or aortic aneurysm. Been to the doctors twice felt my solar plexus and it hurt when he pressed on them he gave me amyltripoline but too scared tomtake as i read you should have an ecg, bedore taking. Anyone have any of these symptoms as made another appointment with doctors but not being aeen till tuesday, seems like my whiole chest is sore to touch including my collarbone amd throat

Re: aortic aneurysm Fears

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: aortic aneurysm Fears

I have an aortic aneurysm, and there are no symptoms whatsoever unless you dissect, and if they dissect you know it. It sounds like garden variety anxiety to me.

Blood pressure different on each arm

I check my bp every day. On the left its usually 138 over 88/89. High end of normal. Yet on the right was 149 over 99. I am really worried as this is the side i have all my issues Chest pain sore to touch. Difficult to get air on that side and aching leg behind the knee. I have had acg and blood tests all came back fine. Also my heart and back were listened to. But i am stressed it should not be that much differencd should it

Re: Blood pressure different on each arm

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

anxious1

I too have inter-arm difference on blood pressure, although I'm quite a bit younger than you at the age of 25.

I've been having concerns about my blood pressure for sometime (by the new guidelines, it's stage 1 hypertension), but the GP is not wanting to prescribe anything right now. I told her about my inter-arm variance of about 10mmHg. My left arm is ~135mmHg and the left is 145mmHg. This difference is reproducible.

The GP tells me this doesn't worry her at all, so I see no reason why this wouldn't apply to you.

Guidelines do say it is only significant if the inter-arm difference is 20mmHg.

I assume you've been reading things online, saying any difference is not normal at all?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Many thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. Its just really hard to shake i have been googling. Rampantly which has not helped matter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information