Thread: obsessing about my heart

obsessing about my heart

I have a normal Bp and regular heart rate apart from when im in panic mode, so why am i so obsessed about my heart, i have only had palps once and that was because i overloaded a mixture of alcohol and caffiene which is very rare for me as im not a big fan of coke etc
    But i still cant get the thoughts out of my head..thinking i have something wrong....i know its all down to my anx but it want to get rid of the thought
    any advice

Re: obsessing about my heart

Ho Torri,

My health anxiety started off with my heart. I have had numerous ecg's and test which all came back normal.

Eventually I managed to convince myself that my heart is ok, but because my physical symptoms remain, I am now looking at other causes.

It can be very difficult to accept that anxiety/panic can cause such REAL symptoms. Have you had tests done on your heart?

I am currently trying acupuncture to ease my symptoms and over all I do feel a bit better. If you accept your heart is ok, then when you get the symptoms, just say to yourself that it is anxiety and ride out the feeling. It does work, honest!!!!

Charlie

Hi torri, I get tight chest pains randomly. I think it is stress. I have been to my GP and he did an ECG and a cholesterol blood test and both were normal. I'm currently debating whether to go back and ask for a referral to a cardiologist and more tests, or whether just to accept it is anxiety and sit with it.

hi
    thanks for the replies
    I have had no tests done but i have no reason too as bp etc seems ok and docs dont seem worried as they say my bp is fine, but just cant get the thoughts out, i am having cbt at the mo for panic disorder,do i mention the heart issues i have to them

Torri,

No harm in mentioning them. If your bp is ok, then it may put your mind at ease to mention your heart concerns.

Either way, you will then know.

Hope you are feeling better today

Charlie x

Thread Information