Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A good night out in exchange for next day anxiety

A good night out in exchange for next day anxiety

Hi guys.does anyone think its worth a chance of a good night out drinking in exchange for anxiety the next day or two..iv got a chance to go out tonight awith family members and it will involve drinking.But i always excperiance anxiety for a couple of days..any thoughts ?
    I will want to drink to blend in and let my hair down..i dont get out much so this is a chance to enjoy a night out..

Re: A good night out in exchange for next day anxiety

Yep do it! I do regularly, anxiety be blowed! Why should we stop living as normal and sociable a life as possible because anxiety has other plans?

I would say be careful as you are on quite a lot of medication that will be affected by the drink. Personally I wouldn't take the chance, especially when you have been doing so well. Maybe if you could drink the low alcohol lager instead?

What efects could this have Annie ?

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Prob be a bottle of wine and a cider...

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

I supose i just feel i need to have some fun..last few days annie my anxiety and depresion have returned and want to have a night off from it

I know most anti depressants and sleeping tablets advise you not to drink alcohol. They can increase the sedative effect. I understand you needing to get out and have some fun and I think you should go and do that but I would try to keep the alcohol to a minimum as it isn't going to make you feel better the few days after.

Why not go out and not drink ? it isn't compulsory, and if you can't have a good time without drinking then there is something wrong.

Thanks Guys for advice..iv never been able to go out and not drink...I allways feel bored if im not joining in while everyone around me is drinking...Iv allways liked a drink and of course the effects you get from feeling more relaxed and calm inside.as i say i used to really enjoy a good party and allways asociated drinking with being out with other drinkerd..I feel more confident and happy and im more fun to be around..so i supose i want to feel all these feelings again,esp as 3 months ago i lost my wife my home my children and now live with my sister in a strange town and every day i just get up and spend the whole day on my own with no purpose or structue in my day..i just feel i need to let my hair down for 1 night and feel alive agin..

Your original post didn't mention medication, what are you taking exactly?

Im on 250mg trazadone and 5mg of olanzipine

Certainly it's not advised to drink alcohol with either of those medications, trazadone is known to enhance the effects of alcohol and hangovers, and olanzipine with alcohol can make you feel drowsy. Usually though, alcohol increases the risk of side-effects and by the sounds of it your 'hangover' is in fact increased side-effects. Assuming you've done this before and are comfortable wth those effects I would say drink in moderation to what you usually do simply as it will cut down the severity of the side-effects - even if you do not suffer medication side-effects otherwise there will be an increased risk of them after drinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information