Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leg discomfort and worried about blood clots

Leg discomfort and worried about blood clots

Hey again, I’m back to my old self of posting way too much on here....all in coordination with my current anxiety levels. I’m sorry :(

I’ve been worrying since before Christmas about the strange feelings in my leg, it’s my right calf mostly. I can’t properly explain it, it feels like a dead leg, almost numb and just really uncomfortable. I can’t shake it at all!!

I woke up at 5 this morning with a racing heart so there I was, convinced a blood clot had travelled to my lungs.

I cannot calm down at all.

I went to the doctors yesterday, I saw a really unhelpful doctor honestly. I don’t like saying that about the doctors I see but he really wasn’t kind. He squeezed my calf for a second and said “I’ll give you painkillers” so started prescribing neproxan (is that how it’s spelt? Idk) - and I said I was concerned it was something a bit more sinister and as he hadn’t even looked at me I was like.....okay? And he cut me off every time I tried to voice a concern and said “why are you talking about other things? I’m prescribing you painkillers” - not pleasant, I left just wanting to cry.

So I’m no way reassured and still worrying my head off about it 😭

Re: Leg discomfort and worried about blood clots

You've been worrying about blood clots for months and it hasn't happened so

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You've been worrying about blood clots for months and it hasn't happened so

Positive thoughts
    I know :( I know in my heart how irrational everything is, it sucks. I've lost my way a bit, I want to listen to the rational side of me again but it feels impossible.

I just feel very lost right now.

Quote Originally Posted by oxoshannon View Post
    I know :( I know in my heart how irrational everything is, it sucks. I've lost my way a bit, I want to listen to the rational side of me again but it feels impossible.

I just feel very lost right now.
    Being lost is a good description for anxiety. Imagine walking on a well marked path through the woods and wandering off the trail when you know full well doing so will get you lost. That's kind of what anxiety does to you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Being lost is a good description for anxiety. Imagine walking on a well marked path through the woods and wandering off the trail when you know full well doing so will get you lost. That's kind of what anxiety does to you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    That is a really interesting way of looking at it, definitely. I just need to find my way back again.

Thank you very much, you’re always so kind x

Just an update on this...

I was advised to go to a&e as the discomfort hadn’t gone away. I got to a&e but was streamlined through to a gp instead. I saw a doctor I’ve seen lots of times, he felt my leg, looked at it and had me move my leg to check the strength I suppose? He wasn’t concerned. However, he was concerned about my health anxiety and how it’s still controlling me daily.

He remembered me from before and he spoke kindly to me about it all. Saying I need to challenge my thoughts and instead of becoming an expert on all these illnesses to become an expert on health anxiety. Sounds like a smart idea.

My leg is still uncomfortable and feeling super weird, I’ve just got to get through it somehow.

Life’s hard, hey!

Happy new year x

Have blood drawn and have them check vitamin levels, I bet you are low on something? Do you drink enough water?

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Have blood drawn and have them check vitamin levels, I bet you are low on something? Do you drink enough water?
    Yeah I will have to see if I can get that done, no doctor the past week has suggested having a blood test. My mum thought perhaps I had a bit of anaemia as I’ve always suffered on and off with this. But no I honestly don’t think I drink enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by oxoshannon View Post
    Just an update on this...

I was advised to go to a&e as the discomfort hadn’t gone away. I got to a&e but was streamlined through to a gp instead. I saw a doctor I’ve seen lots of times, he felt my leg, looked at it and had me move my leg to check the strength I suppose? He wasn’t concerned. However, he was concerned about my health anxiety and how it’s still controlling me daily.

He remembered me from before and he spoke kindly to me about it all. Saying I need to challenge my thoughts and instead of becoming an expert on all these illnesses to become an expert on health anxiety. Sounds like a smart idea.

My leg is still uncomfortable and feeling super weird, I’ve just got to get through it somehow.

Life’s hard, hey!

Happy new year x
    Glad to affirm all is well and glad to read about a doctor that's aware and sympathetic to your anxiety. Perhaps you can get a referral for therapy to help you challenge your thoughts?

Positive thoughts

Glad to affirm all is well and glad to read about a doctor that's aware and sympathetic to your anxiety. Perhaps you can get a referral for therapy to help you challenge your thoughts?

Positive thoughts
    I've been under a private therapist for a few months, he's helped but I haven't seen him in about 6 weeks and totally fallen backwards. Like my mum said, I shouldn't have gone so backwards if what he had been teaching me and stuff was that relevant to me, if you know what I mean.

I've got an appointment with a link working at my doctors next week and will talk about getting back on the list for the wellbeing service and perhaps go down that route again and leave the private therapist.

He's been super helpful but in this little bad spell I've had I've found no comfort or distraction in the techniques he's taught me. But then again I find it hard to sit down and concentrate and take my mind elsewhere when I'm in such a bad way, so can't really win.

I'll get there, just one day at a time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information