Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst painc ever

Re: Worst painc ever

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I agree with Joe. And yes, @BlueIris is a star

@OP I was in a shared house at Uni when I was around 23. I was cleaning my lizard tank (geckos) and suddenly I felt off. I had a horrid pain in my chest and my heart rate rocketed. I told my then girlfriend who tried to calm me but my heart rate was abnormal. I ran downstairs into one of the other girls rooms screaming "I'm dying I need an ambulance please help me". She was lay on the bed and completely freaked out and then worried for me. I ran outside hysterical pacing back and forth begging people to feel my pulse. "Please check my pulse this isn't right".

I waited about a minute after calling 999 and no ambulance. I didn't even give them time. I called 999 again. I told the lady "Please I'm dying how far is the ambulance I need to know the GPRS location". The lady was telling me to calm down. I sat on the fence crying. The fence broke and I fell on my butt. The ambulance arrived. I went inside and they hooked me up.

I begged the man to hold his hand. He laughed and said no. He said you're having a panic attack take some breaths. He said my heart was fast, but normal and that I wasn't having a heart attack. He insisted going to the hospital is a waste of time but he will take me if I liked. I declined.

I went back indoors full of guilt. My little brother seen it all too. He was in tears. I forgot about him. My chest was still hurting like really bad. I started feeling my chest and I could feel the rib cage was sore. Turns out the panic caused me to damage a muscle in my rib. That's how tense I was. It took 3 days for that pain to subside.

Worst panic attack ever. Hope you feel better
    Oh wow! I'm sorry that happened to you. It's all really a horrible thing isn't it. Thank you for taking the time to write me such a detail reply.

Not to over look all of that but gecko's? I have some now! Two Common Lizard (Lacerta vivipara) named Busty and Rusty! Kept them as pets ever since I was ten. Do you still keep them? They freak my boyfriend out lol

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I don't experience panic any more. It's important to understand that no matter how bad you think you feel, it's just a sensation...nothing more. Every single person alive will experience anxiety, but it becomes a problem when we elevate anxiety to a problem in and of itself. This is when it becomes a disorder.

Anxiety happens for a reason, and these days it's almost always stress. Too much work, poor diet, not enough sleep, unresolved problems,not enough exercise, alcohol etc etc...or a combination of those things. In other words, modern life offers up multiple layers of discreet stress that can build up into an over fatigued central nervous system.

Attack it from two sides. Resolve the stress issues AND staying calm during a panic attack is what will ultimately work.
    Yeah, I agree about anxiety happening for a reason. The root of my comes from a traumatic event that caused general anxiety , I know from therapy that the HA became something to hide behind for along time but then it became a issue on it's own because I couldn't control it. I'm doing my best to bring everything together.

Thank you again, for taking the time to write to me and with such good words and advice. It was very interesting to read.

I had another rough night- not as bad as last night. I tried breathing and using methods my therapist gave me and thankfully I was able to bring myself back. Waking up was the worst part of it but I got up. Went to work and did things I had planned without backing out just because things have been abit rough lately.

That’s amazing that you managed to control it! Well done.

When I had regular panic attacks we didn’t have the internet! I used to listen to my progressive muscle relaxation exercise every night before bed. I had a bath with lavender oil, and a book about anxiety and panic attacks. I read that book so many times!

Sometimes the simple methods can help the best!
    Hope you have a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    That’s amazing that you managed to control it! Well done.

When I had regular panic attacks we didn’t have the internet! I used to listen to my progressive muscle relaxation exercise every night before bed. I had a bath with lavender oil, and a book about anxiety and panic attacks. I read that book so many times!

Sometimes the simple methods can help the best!
    Hope you have a good weekend
    Thank you Scass x!

Sometimes simple is best- when I'm able to bring myself down from a attack. I do what my therapist calls self-comfort. It's when you literally wrap your arms around yourself in a hug! There's another method called tapping which I don't really finds works for me but my friend swears by it!

I also try to listen to things to calm me into sleep, normally a soft podcast or something! Or those two hour you-tube music of like yoga music!

I hope you have a good weekend also x!

Sadly no sleep again tonight :( still laying here and trying to do other things until it comes but it's not easy
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 21-09-19 at 06:28.

You poor thing! Do you at least have a quiet weekend planned so you can catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You poor thing! Do you at least have a quiet weekend planned so you can catch up?
    Thank you BlueIris- Thankfully I had today off but I'm working a double shift tomorrow so 9-2 and 5-7! So I'm hoping to get some rest tonight. It's been a very uneasy day...so not feeling very hopefully ! :(

Ever since I got my coil removed, I had horrible pains in my pelvis,back,hip area. I kept expecting to see blood when I go to the bathroom like before. I keep getting warm flushes, just feel off- just feeling so off. I'm trying to keep strong but it's just hard.

Well, trying to be reasonable:
    Bowel and Stomach stuff- I ate something today that looking back probs caused this
    The pelvis pain/all those pains- I did have the coil removed that was stuck in me- so it was gonna cause issues and some pains
    Leg pains/weak- stress? Panic? All the above
    Arm pain in left arm- Well I've had it for awhile now, if it was something it would have shown
    Weak arm in the morning- I might be sleeping on my arms or something reasonable
    Flushes- Anxiety and the heat is heating here but is still very humid
    Found a strange lump in like park of my jaw that a lump or something but moves when I move my mouth- plus I think it's been there ages. Freaky but probs nothing

The one that freaks me out the most- heart racing and breathless (In the morning mainly) probs the anxiety is the best and most reasonable reply

And I've decide to add here, to give a fuller pitcher. The main suffer of my trauma (Which start my anxiety and HA also)- was(TW) sexually abuse. So having to deal with so many real health issues down there- has really set me back. The hospital experience....I keep wanting to write about it to get it all out but I can't. I feel like it may be to personal or I guess in a way I'm scared if people read it and tell me to get over it or I'm being dramatic. Sorry for that tag along, if it's to much info
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 22-09-19 at 02:24.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information