Thread: Swollen Lymph Node - feel like a failure

Swollen Lymph Node - feel like a failure

Hi all,
    So 2020 has been going great, finally on the up and have some major positivity round me.

But typical I've hit another road block.

4 days ago I started having pain in my groin area which I didn't think much of, then the day after my left leg started hurting severely.
    I felt around to see what was going on and found a hard, painful lump (top inside of my leg, near groin) which panicked me.
    I went to the doctors the first thing the morning after and he said it's a swollen Lymph node and he can feel a smaller one near it. He wasn't too bothered, advised me to leave it for 4 weeks and see if it goes down. One problem, he mentioned potential testing for Cancer.

He told me he didn't how suspicious and he could move it (to me it feels rock hard and I cant move it).

Ever since I've been struggling to focus and have convinced myself it's either Lymphoma, or cancer spread from elsewhere (either throat issue, or heartburn/reflux issue from previous).
    I feel like I'm letting myself down and dont know what to do.

Also recently a friend of mine has been diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma so it's a bit fresh in my mind.

Can anyone give me any advice please? Thank you in advance

Re: Swollen Lymph Node - feel like a failure

If he was worried you would be on an urgent 2 week referral so watch and see

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hope you're doing ok, Ryan.

Also going through a lymphoma scare at the moment.

I'm so sorry about your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM1994 View Post
    Hi all,
    So 2020 has been going great, finally on the up and have some major positivity round me.

But typical I've hit another road block.

4 days ago I started having pain in my groin area which I didn't think much of, then the day after my left leg started hurting severely.
    I felt around to see what was going on and found a hard, painful lump (top inside of my leg, near groin) which panicked me.
    I went to the doctors the first thing the morning after and he said it's a swollen Lymph node and he can feel a smaller one near it. He wasn't too bothered, advised me to leave it for 4 weeks and see if it goes down. One problem, he mentioned potential testing for Cancer.

He told me he didn't how suspicious and he could move it (to me it feels rock hard and I cant move it).

Ever since I've been struggling to focus and have convinced myself it's either Lymphoma, or cancer spread from elsewhere (either throat issue, or heartburn/reflux issue from previous).
    I feel like I'm letting myself down and dont know what to do.

Also recently a friend of mine has been diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma so it's a bit fresh in my mind.

Can anyone give me any advice please? Thank you in advance
    I have a friend who has a large lymph node in her groin and it's been there for many years. She did get it ultra-sounded but it was fine. If you had lymphoma, you would have other symptoms as well and they'd be pronounced. Also some of your blood test results would be off too.

Having a friend with lymphoma is going to trigger your HA but it's extremely unlikely that you'd have it as well.

Thread Information