Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Severe anxiety over pancreatic cancer

Re: Anxiety after Call from Doc's office (while on vacation, no less!)

When I had a diagnosis, I will echo Fish's statement. Things moved along very quickly. I didn't get out of the doctor's office before I was referred to a cardiothoracic surgeon and sent away with a handful on new perscriptions and a lot of special instructions.

If it is serious, they tend not to screw around. They move with the urgency one would expect when it is something serious. I totally understand how it would set you off, as it would set me off as well, but if it were something deadly, I would fully expect them to keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    When I had a diagnosis, I will echo Fish's statement. Things moved along very quickly. I didn't get out of the doctor's office before I was referred to a cardiothoracic surgeon and sent away with a handful on new perscriptions and a lot of special instructions.

If it is serious, they tend not to screw around. They move with the urgency one would expect when it is something serious. I totally understand how it would set you off, as it would set me off as well, but if it were something deadly, I would fully expect them to keep at it.
    You're right. I've had more time to think about it and I'm guessing that either the doctor would have called personally (she actually called me personally before, when I seen her ar a wall-in clinic for something far less urgent than what I'm imagining) or of she was too busy, then she'd at least have had the receptionist communicate that an urgent appointment was needed.

My father had testicular cancer years ago, and like you and Fish mentioned, as soon as the US showed something sinister, he was rushed to the hospital and seen an oncologist.

Finally got through to the doctors office, and it turns out my liver enzymes were slightly high. The note said "this is most likely not of any significance, but please advise him to return for a repeat blood test in 6 weeks".

While I'm relieved in a sense, I'm now a little concerned despite the doctor's note that it's likely not significant. Obviously cancer is on my mind again,but I'm mainly wondering if anyone had similar results?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
    Finally got through to the doctors office, and it turns out my liver enzymes were slightly high. The note said "this is most likely not of any significance, but please advise him to return for a repeat blood test in 6 weeks".

While I'm relieved in a sense, I'm now a little concerned despite the doctor's note that it's likely not significant. Obviously cancer is on my mind again,but I'm mainly wondering if anyone had similar results?
    See my post above - this is exactly what happened to me. As I say, it was totally clear second time. They're just dotting i's and crossing t's. That's the problem with full blood tests, something will be slightly up or slightly down and give you more reason to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    See my post above - this is exactly what happened to me. As I say, it was totally clear second time. They're just dotting i's and crossing t's. That's the problem with full blood tests, something will be slightly up or slightly down and give you more reason to worry.
    Haha I remembered your post as soon as I hit reply. Oops.

I did some reading about what causes a slightly elevated level, and it turns out that acetaminophen is a common factor. Thing is, I'd been sucking back Neo Citrans like crazy in the days leading up to the blood test since I had come down with a really bad cold. Guessing that's the culprit.

Hiyer,

Came on to see what the outcome of your tests were. Not sure what the drugs are you refer to, but guess its some flu/cold type thing. So, that all sounds good doesn't it, bI should think they are ok next time, like axolotyl. As was said above, we could all have elevated levels of this and that, coming and going, all the time - but we don't know as aren't tested. Blissful ignorance .

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer,

Came on to see what the outcome of your tests were. Not sure what the drugs are you refer to, but guess its some flu/cold type thing. So, that all sounds good doesn't it, bI should think they are ok next time, like axolotyl. As was said above, we could all have elevated levels of this and that, coming and going, all the time - but we don't know as aren't tested. Blissful ignorance .
    Yep, it's basically another term for Tylenol. There's a bunch of it in each pack of Neo Citran

So now I'm starting to think I have an enlarged liver. I keep feeling under and around my ribs over and over. I was doing pretty good the last few days, but as I've had time to think, my HA has gotten worse again.

Sorry to keep reposting btw

Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
    So now I'm starting to think I have an enlarged liver. I keep feeling under and around my ribs over and over. I was doing pretty good the last few days, but as I've had time to think, my HA has gotten worse again.

Sorry to keep reposting btw
    You're not trained to have any idea what an enlarged liver feels like, all you'll do is make yourself sore. Try and leave it be.

As above ^^^

The results were 'slightly high' and 'probably of no significance', so (and I'm a lay person about livers lol) I am guessing that this is a very minimal amount that doesn't sound like 'enlarged liver' territory. Besides, if you had an enlarged liver you would have multiple other fairly obvious symptoms, and would surely be showing signs of ill health - which you and your GP have not noticed.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information