Page 33 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Anyone got any advice for me on this.

Past 4-5 days I've developed a slightly swollen very painful upper corner of my eyelid, along my eyelashes in my right eye. The corner of my eye has been itchy for a while, but sat/sun it started getting quite painful, hurting to blink etc. There's not much skin redness, but inside is quite red. i've been applying a warm compress a few times a day since yesterday morning, which only provides temporary relief.

Saw a doc this afternoon, and all he did was lift my eye lid a little, looked at it for around 5-10 seconds, and proceeded to tell me what he thought it was going to be - a chalizon cyst or something. How was that helpful?! He didn't mention a stye, which I thought it may be. There isn't an obvious lump, just around 10mm of swollen eyelid in the corner, along my eyelashes, and my eye is dropping/closing in the corner. Could it be an internal stye? But then again he didn't mention that.

He gave me some drops, but I think my eye feels even more irritated now so I've bought some eye wash from Tesco.

I don't know whether to ring NHS 111, because I've got interviews all week now, and won't have time to see a doctor, and this is still very painful still.

If your doctor has taken a look at it then you'll probably get the same response from NHS 111. They're more likely to tell you just to go back to your GP anyway. (As I've had this with them before).

It's probably going to be uncomfortable for a while but try and stick with the eye drops as it probably needs a good cleaning. If you really can't stand it, try NHS 111 and see an out-of-hours GP if you really need a second opinion but honestly speaking from experience it only feeds your anxiety.

I know it's tough right now, but try to see another GP or at least a pharmacist. I had a lot of styes in my teens, at least one of which was misdiagnosed. You need antibiotic ointment, which is disgusting but effective, and while a pharmacist can't sell you this their opinion is going to be valuable if you seek a second opinion.

These things can be sore but they're not dangerous; they usually come to a head and then burst eventually.

Oh, and to prevent further recurrences stop wearing mascara

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

So despite my leg issues I went ahead and did football training last night haven't played for 2 weeks. Strangely enough, my right leg is better today......maybe I managed to release a tight muscle or something?

Anyway, I have noticed another symptom within my body - clicking joints. Last night my shoulder clicked, then my hip, the my wrist then finally my ankle. Can anxiety cause such issues? Just wondering if anyone has had any similar goings on. I started taking the glucosamine and chondroitin supplement on the weekend, along with turmeric. My knees feel better, but could the clicking be an effect from the supplement?

I've suffered from so many different symptoms over the past 12 months I'm starting to wonder what if I have an underlying autoimmune disorder, something like rheumatoid athritis, lupus, CFS, something muscular......even MS etc.
    Hi MrLurcher, you play football so there will be inevitable wear and tear on your joints, but clicking joints is very common - even more common if you're hypermobile like me.

What's happening is your anxious mind is hyper-focusing on these things and the more you focus on them, the more symptoms you will have.

P.S - for some reason my computer took me to this page first - so I am addressing an old symptom. Oops.

P.P.S I had a lump appear on my eyelid and it lasted for months, but it went away with a warm flannel and massage...

P.P.P.S I have a lurcher too!
    Last edited by NoraB; 09-09-20 at 07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I know it's tough right now, but try to see another GP or at least a pharmacist. I had a lot of styes in my teens, at least one of which was misdiagnosed. You need antibiotic ointment, which is disgusting but effective, and while a pharmacist can't sell you this their opinion is going to be valuable if you seek a second opinion.

These things can be sore but they're not dangerous; they usually come to a head and then burst eventually.

Oh, and to prevent further recurrences stop wearing mascara
    Thanks again BI, I've tried to stop wearing make up, but I'm very partial to a bit of eyeshadow.

I think it may be better this morning. I woke up and had quite a bit of crusty yellow powdery bits around the corner of my eye - a bit like when you get 'sleep' in your inner eye. I went to sleep with a compress actually on my eye, so could this have been a bit of discharge in the night?

How's your other half's nose scab?

Completely vanished, I forgot about it Could well be that your stye (if it is) burst in the night.

Once, in desperation, I took a hot needle to one of mine. It was effective but very much not recommended.

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Hi MrLurcher, you play football so there will be inevitable wear and tear on your joints, but clicking joints is very common - even more common if you're hypermobile like me.

What's happening is your anxious mind is hyper-focusing on these things and the more you focus on them, the more symptoms you will have.

P.S - for some reason my computer took me to this page first - so I am addressing an old symptom. Oops.

P.P.S I had a lump appear on my eyelid and it lasted for months, but it went away with a warm flannel and massage...

P.P.P.S I have a lurcher too!
    Hi Nora, thanks for the reply. Pleased to say my joints issue is better, but my neck still cracks like mad sometimes.

Was it a painful lump??

I love lurchers, but unfortunately my boy died 2 years ago this October - still miss him. We have a jack russell x spaniel which we had around the same time as him, but I cannot get around to getting another dog. Just feels wrong 'replacing' him.

How is your uncle doing, Mr L?

Hi Pulisa, thanks for asking.

Not doing well unfortunately. The whole situation has been a bit strange as well - I'm not sure if this is typical for a cancer patient. From his diagnosis 3 weeks ago, we as a family still don't know what his prognosis is, or what stage his cancer is at. The only thing we have been told is that 'it's a bad one'. My uncle doesn't know either, or so he says - I'm saying this because my uncle does have strange tendencies, tends to lie a lot, and we think he's either not been honest with us, or doesn't understand and can't relay the information to us. One minute last week he said he was being transferred to another hospital for treatment, then it ends up being a different hospital.

He came home a few days ago after two weeks in the hospital, but was still none the wiser as to what his prognosis is. My mothers 1st cousin, who is an ex-nurse rang to speak to his consultant yesterday for clarification, but ended speaking to someone else, and she mentioned something about palliative chemo in his notes. Surely my uncle would have known this after discussions with his consultant over the past two weeks?

He now has a consultation with an oncologist in a weeks time. I'm presuming to discuss the chemo.

Like I mentioned above, he is not doing well. He's lost so much weight, and I'd guess he is down to around 8 stone now. He hasn't had a bowel movement for a week because he's not eating, and doesn't want to, despite our pleads to eat.

I don't know what is going to happen to him really, and the whole scenario with the hospital has been extremely frustrating. It's upsetting seeing him like this.

He's began taking cbd oil - the potent stuff, if you know what I mean, and we've had some alternative medicine/concoction from a local herbalist to try.

Hi all, got a bit of a worry atm. 3/4 weeks ago my mother in law asked if I could try and sort out her front door that was jamming - its a bit swollen and warped, plus too many coats of paint. The house is like a 1700s build, manor type thing, door very old, however there wasnt much paint on the edge - looks like it’d been sanded previously.

I sanded the edge of the door for around 15 mins, wearing a mask, and with the door open for fresh air. Now, I dont feel any different, but it occurred to me last week that the door could have had lead paint underneath the layers and im worried now that I have untreated lead poisoning. I feel really stupid because Im usually very paranoid about this sort of things, asbestos, mdf dust etc.

Is it worth discussing with a doctor or would they just say that if I feel fine then its unlikely that any harms been done?

I sanded the edge of the door for around 15 mins, wearing a mask, and with the door open for fresh air.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 33 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread Information