Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationship

Relationship

Wonder if someone can help me! I currently take 100mg sertraline. I stupidly had a drink last weekend. I put myself to bed around midnight and actually wet the bed.
    My boyfriend has been funny with me ever since. I haven’t seen him since sat. I’ve asked his brother numerous times if I have said or done anything he said no. I asked again and said not that he can remember.
    My partner was awful on the Sunday to the point I cried and he ignored me.
    I have had to have a womb biopsy done and I am in agony but not even worried about the result as I am more worried about upsetting him.
    Just found out I have an infection too and I am in so much pain.
    He text last night but heard nothing today he is so off with me, my mam even agreed to buy him a new mattress.
    I feel so awful I can’t concentrate or nothing. It’s just not knowing.

Re: Relationship

It is a week since the bed was wet. Your boyfriend has had time to cool down, and can take up the offer of a new mattress if he wishes. I think he is trying to punish you by being icy. Its up to him how long this behaviour continues. But its now time for you to have a break & ignore him. When he realises you are no longer "desperate" to receive texts/calls - then he'll come around. Many people, including myself, have been on the receiving end of "sulking". Call his bluff & find something pleasant to do to take your mind off him and also the biopsy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda07 View Post
    It is a week since the bed was wet. Your boyfriend has had time to cool down, and can take up the offer of a new mattress if he wishes. I think he is trying to punish you by being icy. Its up to him how long this behaviour continues. But its now time for you to have a break & ignore him. When he realises you are no longer "desperate" to receive texts/calls - then he'll come around. Many people, including myself, have been on the receiving end of "sulking". Call his bluff & find something pleasant to do to take your mind off him and also the biopsy. Good luck.
    I am just so fed up! If I knew either way that would be easier then just hanging on like a looser! A stupid pathetic woman.

I thought most of us were supposed to be more understanding and forgiving (within reason) towards occasional 'mishaps' like bed-wetting and incontinence in general these days (including vomiting), and it sounds like your boyfriend is still living in the dark ages unfortunately.

Yes still hurts like hell.

If only he would talk to me.

Then I would feel better.

Why not bite the bullet and contact him and say you need to talk about it. Then you will know one way or the other

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why not bite the bullet and contact him and say you need to talk about it. Then you will know one way or the other
    I did he was awful, said he was tired.

Wouldn’t speak

Tried to ring and he ignored me.

Not sure what else to do

Ok totally ignore him and cut him off then.

He really isn't worth the effort to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Ok totally ignore him and cut him off then.

He really isn't worth the effort to be honest.
    I agree 100% Before we were married, my wife stood by my side 100% when I had my 2nd heart attack and then cancer and I was with her 100% when she was in the hospital for three months due to a rare form of encephalitis. I literally would have to clean her up like a baby because she couldn't even go to the bathroom or get out of bed. You are having some health challenges. He should be there 100% What if you were married and he acted like this? IMO, that's a huge red flag.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 23-05-21 at 16:43.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Been together 6 months and I have wasted my time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information