Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

I don't believe what I am reading here and Lucinda and Terry are quite correct and I am going to say the same Phil really needs to seek help with his OCD issue and will add get bath mats to stand on and not towels

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I don't believe what I am reading here and Lucinda and Terry are quite correct and I am going to say the same Phil really needs to seek help with his OCD issue and will add get bath mats to stand on and not towels
    I trialed this but binned the bath mats because I was worried anybody touching them in the bath would spread the same “wash basket” germs.

I’ve not found a good solution that works for me yet.

In hotels I worry where these wet towels go? Maybe they don’t wash there hands when replacing towels?

---------- Post added at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

The window fitter touched my wash basket when fitting my windows so since then I’ve had to wash my hands every time I touch the windows.

Hotels have to adhere to health & safety standards. If they don't and get picked up on it then they will be forced to change or be pursued via the law. But that doesn't mean everything is perfect either, you have little choice but to trust people as there is only so much you can check in a room when you stay.

What your OCD is telling you is a solution, isn't one. It's a safety behaviour.

The cycle continues phil I am afraid you can put hundreds of things in place to safe guard you but do you really want the hassle that goes with it?? I respectfully suggest you tackle your OCD problem! You wont start your recovery till you do Cheers

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I trialed this but binned the bath mats because I was worried anybody touching them in the bath would spread the same “wash basket” germs.

I’ve not found a good solution that works for me yet.

In hotels I worry where these wet towels go? Maybe they don’t wash there hands when replacing towels?

---------- Post added at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

The window fitter touched my wash basket when fitting my windows so since then I’ve had to wash my hands every time I touch the windows.
    Phil - How will you manage to have a relationship with anyone if your OCD is so out of control? Intimacy and sex requires sharing bodily fluids (including harmless "germs"), so I don't understand how you'll get around this. You can't control and monitor everything your partner touches.

You can try to minimise contamination to help you feel more comfortable but you can never control it absolutely. Therein lies the problem.

Never Surrender, Comrade

That's a demonstration of irrationality. We witness on the HA board daily where rare issues scare people who aren't scared by the higher numbers of people killed in accidents.

It's a strange beast how some things stick and others don't. For some, there may be reasons you can point to though.

I tried bath mats before however I put them in the bath I have a new solution:

Put the bath mats down rather than towels but put them in a plastic box with lid after shower under the sink out of harms way.

This way I can dispose of my old wash basket buy a new one and I have less anxiety with general dirty washing I put dirty washing on my bedroom floor.

I’m not sure this will work but it would mean it’s only a “dirty mat” which can be put away. Obviously when I come in and out shower I wash my hands but the towels could still get at this way a bit.

However I could put used towels in bathroom then washing machine this may reduce my anxiety and would stop soaking wet towels as I would instead stand on a bath mat. I have to check how wet the floor gets before I can decide what to do. But I could put this box next to the dirty cloths for washing the toilet under the sink.

I may start worrying about other stuff under the sink being contaminated though.

It may be a temp solution phil, but isn't it better to get help for your OCD too??

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    It may be a temp solution phil, but isn't it better to get help for your OCD too??
    The doctor said therapy isn’t suitable for me and refused it. Tried private counselling but this wasn’t any help for ocd as it was just talking

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The doctor said therapy isn’t suitable for me and refused it. Tried private counselling but this wasn’t any help for ocd as it was just talking
    "Just talking"? That's what talking therapy is, Phil

So doc says there is no treatment for you? That's just writing you off like a useless article

I think you should find another doctor.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information