Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Down the anxiety spiral again...worries about migraine aura and stroke

Re: Anyone get this when reading off a screen?

I can't believe someone actually knows what I'm talking about! So it's like the horizontal shifting of the top half of words?

I don't have that happen but I've learned that the eyes are incredibly complex and something like a little extra strain could make you see weird things from time to time. I wouldn't worry about it if it's correctable by focusing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    I can't believe someone actually knows what I'm talking about! So it's like the horizontal shifting of the top half of words?
    Yes exactly...

Thanks for the responses that helps a lot

Can shaking your head cause a brain bleed!?

So I had a weird headache the past few days, I think stemming from my neck as I notice it more if I move my head around. Stupidly, I decided to shake my head up and down to see if it caused the pain aswell - it wasn't a light shake up and down either, it was pretty forceful (yes I know, very stupid, but I feel like us with OCD/health anxiety do stupid things to constantly 'check' and see if certain symptoms arise)

Anyway, now I'm worried I could have caused a brain haemorrhage by doing this. Is that possible? I felt a bit dazed out today (probably just from non-stop Christmas chores), but I'm worried it's part of a brain bleed. When would I know if I had one? I shook my head probably 15 hours ago, would a haemmorhage be obvious by now!?

The dazed feeling I have now seems to be worse when I move my head left and right to look at things, so I'm even more worried about my neck and brain

A part of me also worries because I'm pretty sure my first migraine aura (flashing zig zags etc) happened after doing something similar with my head - may have been a coincidence, may have been neck strain? Not sure, but I worry it's brain damage. Though I feel like the skull and brain are more well protected than to allow head shaking (even somewhat forceful) to cause damage so easily

I feel like I'm majorly overreacting but can't stop worrying
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 24-12-18 at 01:50.

Re: Can shaking your head cause a brain bleed!?

Seriously?

Short answer... NO!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Can shaking your head cause a brain bleed!?

If you would have caused a Brain haemorrhage you’d be dead. Seriously

Anyone else get weird word associations that don’t make sense?

Today I had swordfish for lunch, and later someone asked me what I had eaten and for some reason the word xylophone popped into my head!? Obviously I knew it was wrong and I said swordfish... but now whenever I think about what I had for lunch the word xylophone pops into my head again!? Anyway good old health anxiety is making me freak out that I’ve got a brain tumour or something.. shad this ever happened to anyone?!

Re: Anyone else get weird word associations that don’t make sense?

Maybe it has to do with shaking your head the other day. You created a word jumble in your brain

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Anyone else get weird word associations that don’t make sense?

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information