Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White sticky phelgm causing choking and coughing fits

Re: White sticky phelgm causing choking and coughing fits

Yes, I use my mum's Cetraben as she has had bad problems ever since going on BP meds. Sometimes when they change her meds she has ended up with cellulitis.

They switched me off the first med as 5 weeks on I needed antihistamine to calm it down. The next med gave me worse itching but it went after a week...It also ramped up my anxiety to worse than in years, anxiety is one of it's side effects, so I was glad that was gone after a week.

It's like a load of issues together now. My skin has always been bad since childhood and the last SNRI seemed to slow down my skin healing as well as bleeding more easily. And skin picking has been an issue off & on over many year ls but the OCD that came since the relapse brought this problem out too.

My legs are covered in scar blotches from these med issues but they should return closer to normal skin colour over the months. It's a mess.

Anyone on here who fears infection can use me as an example of how the immune system copes as I'm cleaning & gardening with open wounds most of the time. Only had one infection and that was under a nail and from a cut.

Are you still on the manuka? Maybe try and build yourself up a bit as well. What you described sounds like a histamine issue so it makes more mucus. So that's a good way to start. There are so many possible triggers though, even air quality, so you might find some reasons why it's happening.

We often develop allergies as we age so I wonder if it's just one of those things and treatment is best to reduce symptoms? Maybe even a stage that will change after x years?

My mum would sympathise with yours on the itching. At the worst mine had bright red legs that itches all the time for weeks and she couldn't sleep with it. All down to GP's fiddling with meds endlessly as they do with older people.

Re: White sticky phelgm causing choking and coughing fits

OMG Terry. Sounds like you have had a horrendous time of it.
    I agree, most of the time the body will self heal, but my sinuses have been an issue on and off for a long time.
    I am trying to find out the trigger. I know central heating makes it worse and humidity.
    I stopped taking Manuka honey, but took some today.
    Any health issue pumps up my anxiety and sometimes it's hard to differentiate which one is which?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information