Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

I think it’s because you worry about it happening every night, so it does. That’s the basis of anxiety- negative thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think it’s because you worry about it happening every night, so it does. That’s the basis of anxiety- negative thoughts.

I know you're probably right, last night I had my first night terror, which is something I haven't had in a long long time. I literally woke my mum up because she heard me screaming in my sleep. I've had adult night terrors for years, but they don't happen very often, very rarely, last night was the first one I remember having in a long while.

I'm also having very large, almost cystic like spots, their so painful it feels like its pulling the skin. I had one on my upper back, left hip and now on the right side of my hairline, so not sure if that is stress bringing that sort of thing on, along with my bald spot as well. Maybe run down?

Also having some moderate pain in my stomach with the stinging, needle like sensations. Very distressing, so, all that could be made worse, or something else causing it? I don't know.

Thanks for understanding though.

---------- Post added 16-09-18 at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was 15-09-18 at 21:00 ----------

I'm having a weird sensation, like I'm off balance or something, not dizzy, but like my legs feel like their swaying slightly, does that make sense at all?

Still feeling chest tightness, like a squeeze around my throat and chest.

It's exhausting and feeling scared all the time. I don't know why this is happening or what is causing all this, I just don't know.

I started getting tight chested, like compressed this evening, I'm trying to relax now, it just started this evening, but had a very mild bit of it all day.

Around my throat all feels like it's restricted or tightening around it, causes me a lot of anxiousness.

I am worrying it's my lungs or something, fluid maybe? PE? Or is it my heart? I don't know, it is very hard to think properly when this is causing me stress.

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

I've also been feeling aittle lightheaded or off balance. Not sure what's causing that? Maybe my breathing? Taking in too much air or taking in deep breaths all the time, I don't know.

And just now, I got a weird rush sensation in my head, my ear to gled, and now my head feels woozy. What cod that be? I'm starting to freak out a lot, I did my oximeter and it looked fine, but the heart going up and down part seem to go faint then back to same, then it went faint again, even when listening to it in my neck.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 17-09-18 at 02:54.

I'm having a bit of throat and chest tightness tonight, and I got an almost snapping in my tummy area earlier (it only last a second). Why am I getting this breathless/tightness thing? I start thinking fluid on my lungs, PE, irregularity of some kind? I don't know.

It’s an anxiety thing.
    When we’re worried/anxious/scared, our muscles can clench, and we start to do shallow breathing from the chest instead of steady, relaxing breathing from our stomach.
    When you get this feeling, put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach. If when you breathe in your chest rises, then you are shallow breathing which can cause breathlessness, dizziness etc. If you put your other hand on your stomach, you should really notice that when you breathe in your stomach rises, and when you breathe out it goes back down. See if you can practice breathing with your hand on your stomach.

Breathing from your chest isn’t necessarily harmful, and when you’re relaxed it will revert to breathing from your stomach. Most of the time you won’t notice it changing.

Try this, make a really tight fist with one hand for 5 seconds then let it go. Did you notice that you held your breath when your fist was clenched? It’s a common thing in anxiety sufferers, out muscles tense & we hold our breath. That’s why progressive muscle relaxation is so good, because it teaches us to clench and unclench our muscles properly. After doing it for a few months, I could notice which parts of my body were clenched, and then I could relax them. I cannot recommend it enough.

It’s an anxiety thing.
    When we’re worried/anxious/scared, our muscles can clench, and we start to do shallow breathing from the chest instead of steady, relaxing breathing from our stomach.
    When you get this feeling, put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach. If when you breathe in your chest rises, then you are shallow breathing which can cause breathlessness, dizziness etc. If you put your other hand on your stomach, you should really notice that when you breathe in your stomach rises, and when you breathe out it goes back down. See if you can practice breathing with your hand on your stomach.

Breathing from your chest isn’t necessarily harmful, and when you’re relaxed it will revert to breathing from your stomach. Most of the time you won’t notice it changing.

Try this, make a really tight fist with one hand for 5 seconds then let it go. Did you notice that you held your breath when your fist was clenched? It’s a common thing in anxiety sufferers, out muscles tense & we hold our breath. That’s why progressive muscle relaxation is so good, because it teaches us to clench and unclench our muscles properly. After doing it for a few months, I could notice which parts of my body were clenched, and then I could relax them. I cannot recommend it enough.

I will try those exercises to help. I was doing fine for a day or two, then today, I started getting wobbly back pain and it set me off, and now the left side of my neck is tingling. I also heard from a neighbour or someone who has a cancerous brain tumor and it got to me, I don't know why, it just affects me when I hear about this stuff.

I just feel agitated and fidgety, but also like I don't want to do anything if that makes sense? I'm in a bit of a limbo. The breathing comes and goes, sometimes it flares up when I go out and am busy or walking a lot, then it'll calm down a bit when I get home, but can flare up again at night.

Today I got a really weird ache in my left side, which is what set me off today and then it was my whole upper left side that started feeling wobbly and really aching and tender, especially my shoulder blade, and now my neck. I'm probably wrecked from everything, from the stress of the last couple of weeks with what happened to mum, not sleeping properly, upset stomach, and then I started worrying because I'm a few days late on my period, but it's possible that is because of the situations that have happened lately too.

I think it's because I'm always worrying that it's something serious like cancers or tumors, or blood clots and Pulmonary Embolisms, thinking worst case scenario.

What causes a weird tugging pain in your left side? just below and above your waist on the side?

Since yesterday, I've been getting this tugging pain, a little uncomfortable that is bothering me. I'm trying not to get panicked but it's hard because I'm thinking all sorts, like kidneys, spleen, colon, something serious. Also, the left side of my lower stomach "looks" a little more fatter on the left side, which I don't know has always been like that or if something is causing my left side to bulge?

It's tender when I touch where my waist bends, and can feel it under my ribs on that side as well. Being honest, what could it be?

It only started up yesterday, which is why I got a bit panicked about it now. I just wanted to ask instead of Googling, because I know cancers and more scary stuff will turn up.

No idea, but it’s unlikely to be anything bad. Just one of those little body quirks.

No idea, but it’s unlikely to be anything bad. Just one of those little body quirks.

Yeah, it's not severe pain or anything, just like a dull aching and tender. Now my legs have been sore all day too, like I've done a workout or something but obviously haven't? Achy and sore, while also still feeling a slight chest tightness/catching.

I'm just always scared.

My whole back suddenly stiffened up and felt weird,as did the lower left side of my stomach. I feel wobbly, really wobbly, and I used my oximeter, and it went down to 93%, then went up, but that's really low right? So now I'm feeling panicky about this.

What's going on? I feel crazy.

My left shoulder has been really itchy as well, is all of this something serious? I'm feeling a little whoozy headed as well.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information