Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried that I have sepsis or c diff.

Re: Tooth abcess has come back. Afraid it will kill me.

I know that personally I say "what if I am the exception" when presented with facts, but think about it how many people world wide have abscess teeth right now and don't develop serious complications like meningitis?

I had an abscess above two of my teeth - which had rotted - and was completely unaware of it until the preparatory work was undertaken for fitting crowns. Although I remember the pain whilst they were draining, which was relieved by taking a paracetamol/codeine combination, the worst thing by far was the smell: I tried not to speak in company for days, it was that bad...

I will probably keep silent for a few days then. Haha.

Not many Magpie. The focus that it could be me is so insanely frightening though that I am actually starting to feel my anxiety spikes and I think that's where a lot of the symptoms are coming from. If not all. The only one really bothering me at the moment is the feeling of coldness in the top of my head. And, I'm sleepy. That guy I spoke to said he got sleepy all the time. Then again. In my case. It could be because I have barely slept in three weeks.

It can still be anxiety. When I was scared from my sinus infection the other week, I had a day when I was so sleepy and tired that I could barely move or talk, all I wanted to do is sleep and I couldn't even keep my head up.

And the cold head thing is 100% classic anxiety, I used to get that a lot when I was stressing over exams last year. In fact it was so warm in my room and I felt my head being cold like my scalp while I was working on a really big project. None of these are symptoms of brain infection or meningitis.

Please don't read cases and threads and such. There are medically rare cases of any disease but that's so rare on top of getting meningitis from abscess rare.

Anxiety has this sneaky way of making symptoms vague enough that can fit any disease and Dr. Google has this way of saying that every symptom can be from a deadly disease. Headaches, feeling sleepy and such symptoms are present in almost ALL illnesses and we also all get these symptoms regularly without any illness. You are most likely sleepy from anxiety, because when you are anxious even when you sleep your mind doesn't really sleep. It kinda goes on standby but doesn't sleep.

I woke up feeling ok but now I am feeling like all my muscles are tight and I am being dragged down. Anyone else ever feel that?

That is anxiety, like I am pretty sure any brain tooth abscess or whatever cannot cause such vague and undefined symptoms.

Few years back I was part of another online anxiety forum and one person said "if the symptoms are vague and undefined and you cannot really accurately describe them, it's probably anxiety."

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    That is anxiety, like I am pretty sure any brain tooth abscess or whatever cannot cause such vague and undefined symptoms.

Few years back I was part of another online anxiety forum and one person said "if the symptoms are vague and undefined and you cannot really accurately describe them, it's probably anxiety."
    I kinda feel like I have sepsis.

I feel like I am sick as a dog. Except I'm not puking or running a fever.

I feel incredibly weak.

But you're not sick enough to post instead of going to urgent care or emergency dentist so I think you're ok.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I just got home from the dentist. The jerk of a tooth is out. I am feeling some better. But, still kinda meh...I think it is just anxiety.

The dentist is apparently also a doctor as well. Told me I don't have anything wrong. So, I hope he is 100% as both. He was great as a dentist. No pain when it was being taken out. Just a lot of pressure. I was so hopped up on laughing gas I was cracking jokes.

I am very happy it all turned out so well!
    Now you can work on your anxiety and you have more experience on all the weird symptomd it can cause.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information