Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Food/liquid stuck in esophagus

Re: Food/liquid stuck in esophagus

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Perhaps carbonated beverages aren't something to drink when having those symptoms?

Positive thoughts
    You are probably right
    I was just trying to relax going out havimg a drink and distract myself
    But I have been having these sensations in my esophagus for quite some time

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just came back from my echo
    Talked a lot with the intern who did it, she said everything looks completely normal and that my heart is healthy and the aorta that is visible with an echo looks normal
    I still have the visible pulse in my suprasternal notch and trouble swallowing. Regarding the pulsation she said it could be due to stress and also she said I should get my thyroid hormones checked
    Of course, part of my anxious mind tells me "what if you have an aneurysm in the part of the aorta that she could not see", but I am doing my best to trust the doctor and calm myself down
    I will have my thyroid levels checked and also ask my GP for a referral to someone who will help me with my anxiety and maybe prescribe me something that will help calm down my bounding pulse since the echo found nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If you end up seeing a doctor over this, I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" all ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Dornish Red View Post
    Just came back from my echo
    Talked a lot with the intern who did it, she said everything looks completely normal and that my heart is healthy and the aorta that is visible with an echo looks normal
    Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am so glad I can laugh at that
    Thank you so much, and everyone else who tried to calm me down.
    Fear of having a connective tissue disorder has been a part of my life for so long, and fear for my heart really caused the worst spiral of anxiety I have even been in, as you can see from all the posts I made here. I am eager to get help with my anxiety now more then ever, because I don't ever ever want to feel like this again. Hopefully I can find a good doctor who will perscribe something that will help. This has been honestly the worst week of my life. I am so glad that it is over now and I feel better.
    I still have some other health problems (got arthritis at age 25, yup, lots of fun), and have to do some blood tests and see a rheumatologist, so I still could have some type of a connective tissue disorder, but I feel better now that I know that my heart is fine and I am not going to die any time soon. I will probably get another echo next year, just to be sure nothing has changed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information