Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So many symptoms

Sore tongue on one side

Hi everyone,

On Tuesday evening, I started getting a sore bruised like feeling on the right side of my tongue so I had a look but could see no signs of anything that could be causing it to hurt. Because of my health anxiety it has led me to panic and of course my first conclusion is tongue cancer.
    It is still hurting me now and I’m very worried but partner tells me it could be from a tongue spasm and he has had it before but I don’t believe it is. The fact I can’t see anything on my tongue scares me because I don’t know the cause of the pain.
    I can’t get any appointment at my doctors I’ve tried twice :( but my doctor did call me and I explained the issue and he said that it doesn’t sound like anything sinsiter and to take some pain killers and that sometimes you can’t always see what’s causin the pain and that if still there in a week I can go see them. I’ve tried salt water and it eases it for a short while but then it comes back again. I’m getting so fed up with having different symptoms every week. I don’t see how anyone can get over HA if they continuously get new symptoms. For nearly a year now I’ve had things I thought were wrong with me. I don’t like having any issues with my mouth it’s my biggest fear. I just wish the pain would go away. I’ve only had it for a few days which isn’t long for something to heal but as the days go on the worse my HA gets and I start planning my funeral for something I don’t even know I have. Please somebody talk me down from this HA panic :(

Re: Sore tongue on one side

Anyone?

Hey, i've had this a few times, not really sure what has ever caused mine but has lasted a few days to a week. If the doctor was worried he would got you an a appointment asap. Could be a tiny ulcer or a cut you cannot see? I am always getting them! Have you tried corsodyl mouthwash? It is great at healing any mouth problems!

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyGirl30 View Post
    I don’t see how anyone can get over HA if they continuously get new symptoms. For nearly a year now I’ve had things I thought were wrong with me. I don’t like having any issues with my mouth it’s my biggest fear. I just wish the pain would go away. I’ve only had it for a few days which isn’t long for something to heal but as the days go on the worse my HA gets and I start planning my funeral for something I don’t even know I have. Please somebody talk me down from this HA panic :(
    You have to get to a realization that you don't need to explain or diagnose every symptom and sensation you feel. Everyone feels weird stuff all the time and our health is rarely in any real danger. The body does weird things. Or, at the very least to start, get to a point where you can come up with a harmless explanation for the symptom (like perhaps you burned your tongue) and mentally roll with that.

As for your specific concern, I can chime in that I had a really sore tongue only on the very left side a few days ago myself. Turns out I have strep. (throat pain came on a couple days later, a week in I finally got a test) Not saying it is strep in your case but just that there are plenty of things besides cancer out there. I found some temporary relief (even for the tongue) with throat lozenges and some healing-type mouthwashes, think it's called Colgate peroxyl or something like that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    You have to get to a realization that you don't need to explain or diagnose every symptom and sensation you feel. Everyone feels weird stuff all the time and our health is rarely in any real danger. The body does weird things. Or, at the very least to start, get to a point where you can come up with a harmless explanation for the symptom (like perhaps you burned your tongue) and mentally roll with that.

As for your specific concern, I can chime in that I had a really sore tongue only on the very left side a few days ago myself. Turns out I have strep. (throat pain came on a couple days later, a week in I finally got a test) Not saying it is strep in your case but just that there are plenty of things besides cancer out there. I found some temporary relief (even for the tongue) with throat lozenges and some healing-type mouthwashes, think it's called Colgate peroxyl or something like that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your reply, I know in reality there are many reasons why my tongue is sore but in my HA mind there is always only one conclusion. That’s just how my brain works unfortunately. The same time my tongue started hurting is the same time I started getting a cold so the two may well be linked. I took painkillers advised by doctor and I couldn’t feel the pain any longer I am waiting to see if it’s still there when the tablets wear off but for now it’s giving me much relief so that I can eat comfortably.

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    Hey, i've had this a few times, not really sure what has ever caused mine but has lasted a few days to a week. If the doctor was worried he would got you an a appointment asap. Could be a tiny ulcer or a cut you cannot see? I am always getting them! Have you tried corsodyl mouthwash? It is great at healing any mouth problems!
    Thank you for your reply. When it started hurting I immediately checked for an ulcer or some kind of sore spot but there’s nothing there at all that is what worried me more tbh because I can’t see where the pain is coming from. I do have some corsodyl mouthwash so I will use it later.

I swear to god I think I’m cursed!
    I woke up this morning and my tongue isn’t hurting anymore but it has now been replaced with my gum swelling up and red :( why???!! I can’t go one day without having any issues. It’s not causing any pain its soft and just annoying me :( I don’t know if it has anything to do with the corsodyl mouthwash I used last night has aggravated my mouth :/
    Literally since going to the dentist last week I’ve had nothing my problems with my mouth

Hello! I had the exact same problem as you. Part of my gum felt 'different' than my other gum -- I don't remember if it was bigger or just had a different 'texture' so to speak -- and I had a meltdown over it. However, that was a few months ago and I'm doing perfectly fine now! Also, psychcentral has a good article on body-focused/sensorimonitor obsessions. Understanding what you do and how it can effect you will help you unlearn it.

Lastly, don't prod around in your mouth (like I did......), that could probably cause things to get irritated.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymcgill View Post
    Hello! I had the exact same problem as you. Part of my gum felt 'different' than my other gum -- I don't remember if it was bigger or just had a different 'texture' so to speak -- and I had a meltdown over it. However, that was a few months ago and I'm doing perfectly fine now! Also, psychcentral has a good article on body-focused/sensorimonitor obsessions. Understanding what you do and how it can effect you will help you unlearn it.

Lastly, don't prod around in your mouth (like I did......), that could probably cause things to get irritated.
    I think the mouthwash I used last night has irritated it so I’m not feeling worried at the moment I’m just annoyed because it’s a new thing every other day. Very frustrating when you are trying to get over your HA and new symptoms just make it worse!

LOL yea, I'm in the same boat! There's a completely new symptom like every other few weeks, and sometimes they're so strange that you think no one else could possibly have had them due to anxiety! But then they pass, and a new one comes on, but for some reason you can never fully convince yourself that if you've had a strange symptom in the past and been okay, that you can make it through this one. Keep on fighting, I believe in you!

Pressed on the gum that is swollen and blood is coming out :( argh hope not infected really don’t fancy a trip to the dentist was literally there last week. I never have trouble with my teeth or gums after one trip to the dentist after 20 years I get issues grrrr

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information