Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Self-Harm

Re: Self-Harm

Yeah I'm a newbie, found this site on Saturday. It came at a perfect time for me.

I figured you were melting since i am. Summer is always bad, especially when you spend it with people who don't know about the scaring, since i don't want to have to explain it or myself to some people.

Hope its not too warm today

hi there leonard, i know what ya mean winter is easier to hide it all! welcome to nmp great to have you here, well i am lea lol and warm na its boiling lol

hugs for ya

tc
    lea

Lol thanks Lea

its nice and cool today so wooohooo.

Cheers
    leo

y yw n yeah but tomoz it gonna b hot lol

lea (leo05)

well just wanted to say hi to you all and hope that you are doing ok?

and well me still aint in control but am working on it - i am still seein a counsellor which is going okish, well dont trust her yet but ya know.
    why am i writin this well bc ma head is going mental and got sh urges and trying not to ya know. sorry sorry but hey ho nvm

hugs for you all xx
    tc here for ya all

hugs n love
    lea xx

Hi Stacy, sorry to read about your problems with self harming. I understand alot of people with this problem use ice rather than blades, you may well be aware of this already. I know pain acts as a stimulant, so I can understant why you use it to detract yourself away from your problem. There may be other things you can use. I know physical excersise can cause pain and detraction and higher levels of concentration. Good luck (take care)

Hi guys - I hope you dont mind me butting in on yorur thread Stacey! I'm new to the site and so relieved to have found it I started self-harming only a few months ago - I'm 31 and am being treated for PND and GAD. I cut my arms. Jeez- it was hard to type that and see it in black and white! I will have to read back thru the posts to get to know you all but hopefully I can offer someone on the thread some support and kindness. Chat soon! X

I also meant to ask if anybody else feels irritated when their cuts heal? I find it really annoys me cos I havent healed inside iykwim! Then it makes me want to cut again but I dont like having scars! Fresh cuts are fine but scars arent! Seriously am I totally losing it here or what?! Its a relief to see I'm not the only one wearing long sleeves in August!

Sorry i have another question! Are anti D's helpful for SH? I have been on new meds for 7 weeks now and they havent stopped me wanting to cut - even Xannax doesnt do the trick....

Hi all...nervousley saying hello!
    I've been self harming for 10 years now, been inpatient 3 times, on a cocktail of drugs and so much therapy and yet I STILL do it, what is wrong with me?! I'm also bulimic which doesn't help.

The good thing is that I'm about to start DBT therapy in 3 weeks, which is a new one for me so fingers crossed.

For those of you in the UK who hate the hot summer, it seems to be getting cooler now yay!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread Information