Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper abdomen discomfort & lump in throat

Upper abdomen discomfort & lump in throat

I have started getting this upper abdomen discomfort like some1 is squeezing the center just below my breasts or like i have just eaten something and its stuck there, i also get that lump in throat feeling :(
    does anyone get these feelings if so what are they as i just cant eat when i get the abdomen tight feeling i have had all kinds of tests at my A&E to only find that NOTHING is wrong ECG, blood tests, xrays etc... and NOTHING so why does this keep coming bk ???? when will it finally go away ?i just want it gone so i can eat normal x

Re: Upper abdomen discomfort & lump in throat

Just wondering if anyone has mentioned acid reflux cos that can cause those problems your exprencing! I get them too but I have gastritis! Hope you feel better soon!

xx

the doctor said it couls be acid reflux but i only get it now and then and it sometimes never burns i thought acid reflux wud burn ?

No hun it doesn't always burn and it can just come now and again! So people just get it once or twice a year others have it all the time. Ive got gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) im sick of the feeling somethings stuck in throat!!

Xxx

oh well i will have to go bk docs see what they say to describe it a bit better it feels like a bad indigestion feeling in my upper abdomen that wont budge.... but gets worse if am anxious or having a panic attacks etc.... and can last hours, days

If you're having a panic attack does the feeling come higher up in your chest?

I would say acid reflux / indigestion and no it doesn't always burn but does cause chest pain/discomfort and throat/swallowing problems

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by dodo View Post
    If you're having a panic attack does the feeling come higher up in your chest?
    yes if am panicking i find it does rise higher into my chest bt also stays in upper abdomen still have it now just like a bad indigestion feeling its killing i had a piece of toast at 6pm about 6.20pm the pain started

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I would say acid reflux / indigestion and no it doesn't always burn but does cause chest pain/discomfort and throat/swallowing problems
    can anxiety / panic cause you to get indigestion? i do find the pain can start when am having or had a panic attack

Yes I think it can. I had a big panic earlier when out and I started getting chest pains which made me worse.

When I calmed down I started butting and getting gurgling in my throat.

What I want to know is can the acid or reflux give you pains in your throat? Like sharp pains?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information