Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd period within 10 days

Re: 2nd period within 10 days

Ohhhhh I thought it had stopped last night then this morning the bleedings back again, does that sounds like breakthrough bleeding? Stopping throughout one day and starting again the next?

Still going on, starting to feel a bit panicked by it now. Im thinking maybe I should speak to my dr about it on Monday but scared she will suggest tests and the worry of the results will hang over me and ruin my family’s Christmas.

I have to admit the bleeding feels like it’s slowed but just when I think it’s finished it comes back again in the evenings or first thing in the morning

Really struggling with this now. I was trying not to spiral but I can feel it happening. I had period cramps last night with bright blood before bed and during the night this morning I’ve woken up still with the cramps but only a tiny bit of pink spotting. I have no idea what’s going on with my body and it’s terrifying

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    Really struggling with this now. I was trying not to spiral but I can feel it happening. I had period cramps last night with bright blood before bed and during the night this morning I’ve woken up still with the cramps but only a tiny bit of pink spotting. I have no idea what’s going on with my body and it’s terrifying
    This is what happened to me with the pill, implant and coil too, as you’ve been on birth control it’s not actually a period as you don’t have a cycle, it’s only a withdrawal bleed, irregular bleeding on birth control is extremely common. It only means that your hormones shifted slightly. I had years where I didn’t bleed, the last good steak was about 10 years where I only bled when I was stressed, then I started to get breakthrough bleeding, it can be random or stress induced, but also because you’ve lost weight.

If needed have a chat with the dr about a different pill, they really aren’t likely to ask for tests, they may even just suggest that you wait and see how things go for a while longer.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you for your reply. I’m scared that there is something seriously wrong and I’m going to leave my little girl. Sorry, I’m really teary today. I’ve stupidly been googling and it’s saying any spotting shouldn’t last more than a couple of days. 3 months ago it stopped after about 15 days and I’ve had normal bleeds lasting about a week since , then this again now. I’ve lost 17lbs in the 3 months so I’m trying to be rational that this would upset the apple cart.

I’m going to see my dr Monday to see what she suggests I may even stop the cerezette altogether.

Did the stopping and starting happen with you? It changes from one hour to the next. I’ve been quite stressed the last 6 weeks so maybe that’s contributed. I feel like I’m making excuses with the weight loss and stress to make myself feel better and sweep any serious problems away but I think that may be my anxiety winning making me doubt myself

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I’m scared that there is something seriously wrong and I’m going to leave my little girl. Sorry, I’m really teary today. I’ve stupidly been googling and it’s saying any spotting shouldn’t last more than a couple of days. 3 months ago it stopped after about 15 days and I’ve had normal bleeds lasting about a week since , then this again now. I’ve lost 17lbs in the 3 months so I’m trying to be rational that this would upset the apple cart.

I’m going to see my dr Monday to see what she suggests I may even stop the cerezette altogether.

Did the stopping and starting happen with you? It changes from one hour to the next. I’ve been quite stressed the last 6 weeks so maybe that’s contributed. I feel like I’m making excuses with the weight loss and stress to make myself feel better and sweep any serious problems away but I think that may be my anxiety winning making me doubt myself
    I haven’t had a steady cycle since I started birth control, stopping and starting especially with spotting yes. If I was ever asked if I had any irregularities in my bleeding I would just answer ‘I’m on the (birth control) it’s all irregular’ and they never bat an eyelid! Just as an example of how much hormones can just change about, I came off all birth control about 5 weeks ago for the first time in my adult life. Since then I’ve had one massive withdrawal bleed, a week break, spotting that lasted over a week then two weeks later a 6 day period. It can take months or even up to a year for me to regulate and that’s just going back to my ‘natural’

The rules change somewhat on birth control, for example I know women that had spotting every day for over a year with different types! Or some that have been on say the implant for 9 years (3 different ones) that randomly start bleeding again after nothing for all that time, it’s a balancing act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I think what’s worried me is last time I didn’t speak to my normal dr and the one I saw was very pushy for me to have swabs done to check for infections etc and said make sure I come back if it happens again. She did say it was probably the pop hormones and weight loss

Spiralling unbelievably today. I know I need to contact my dr tomorrow about this and my anxiety but I’m in such a bad place about it today I don’t know what to do. I thought about calling 111 just to speak to someone about it but really don’t want to waste their time. I’ve looked up a million threads on here about strange periods and google and I’m now convinced I have some kind of cancer

I went to the dr today. In fact I spoke to 2 drs and 2 medical students. First dr was a phone appointment who said she was sure it was down to hormones and weight loss but for peace of mind I could come in and speak to another dr. I had probably 20 mins speaking to 2 medical students first then spoke to the 2nd dr who asked a few questions and agreed it’s the mini pill and hormones. Said she would only be worried if I bled heavily for 2 weeks or lightly for a month but only because I could become anemic no other reasons. If it continues I should go back and we can change my pill.

I think I’m happy with the outcome I’m still a bot worried that I’m bleeding and maybe I’ve not explained things properly but that’s why I’ve posted this update, if I start to spiral again I can re read what was said to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information