Thread: accuracy of ECG's

accuracy of ECG's

How accurate and how much can an ECG tell about your heart, i had one a couple months back all went well, anxiety disappearred but chest pain i have i smaking me slightly anxious, deep down i think its excercise which is causing the pain but my anxious mind tells me different.

Re: accuracy of ECG's

You can ask your GP for a 24 or 48 hour Holter ECG to monitor your chest pains.

Were you having chest pain while you had your ECG?

ECG checks for any past heart attacks or irregularity from what I've heard. I had two and both were normal. Turns out my chest tightness was a mixture of anxiety and hay fever.

its just random to be honest if it continues for a couple of days more i will see about it

Try my reply in your other thread where you relax your gut. I realised with my anxiety, I tend to tense my gut and hold everything in without realising. Your muscles need to relax and you need to relax by breathing exercises. Have you tried taking Tai Chi? I'm going to start soon.

Another thing I was told, is caffeine can cause chest pains. So maybe try taking caffeine out of your diet, including food chocolate and sodas. Drink decaffeinated tea, especially decaf green tea.

Take vitamin D and B12 capsules. I've heard a lack of those can cause chest pains.

I'm taking Vitamin C & Zinc effervescent tablets, fish oil, vitamin D, and probiotics. Eating healthy and drinking lots of filtered water.

Have you had any luck getting help in dealing with this anxiety?

Looking back on your previous posts any medical re-assurance you get regarding your heart only lasts a short time, then you are back in the viscous cycle again.

You are a young man and it would be great if you could get a handle on this health anxiety now rather than struggle on with it in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Have you had any luck getting help in dealing with this anxiety?

Looking back on your previous posts any medical re-assurance you get regarding your heart only lasts a short time, then you are back in the viscous cycle again.

You are a young man and it would be great if you could get a handle on this health anxiety now rather than struggle on with it in years to come.
    i know it has calmed down , my anxiety is not as aggressive as it once was but i do still get doubts every now and then. i've had 3 ecg's in my life all have came back all clear but my biggest fear is having an undetected heart problem that causes me problem when doing sport, the reason for this is because i know someone who collapsed on football pitch luckily he survived and it seems every week or so you hear stories of young men dying or collapsing during sport, if i got a proper excercise ECG i truly believe i could finally conquer this

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lily83 View Post
    Try my reply in your other thread where you relax your gut. I realised with my anxiety, I tend to tense my gut and hold everything in without realising. Your muscles need to relax and you need to relax by breathing exercises. Have you tried taking Tai Chi? I'm going to start soon.

Another thing I was told, is caffeine can cause chest pains. So maybe try taking caffeine out of your diet, including food chocolate and sodas. Drink decaffeinated tea, especially decaf green tea.

Take vitamin D and B12 capsules. I've heard a lack of those can cause chest pains.

I'm taking Vitamin C & Zinc effervescent tablets, fish oil, vitamin D, and probiotics. Eating healthy and drinking lots of filtered water.
    thanks, i have started drinking more green tea and decaff tea , although i will need to cut out chocolate etc, i also have started taking more vitamin d but will try others you have mentioned.

thanks for the reply

Hi,

Sorry to bump this thread but you was asking about ECG accuracy and maybe I could help in that matter. In a: time.com/4527843/accurate-wearable-apple-watch-fitness-tracker study, chest straps clocked at 99% of accuracy compared to traditional ECG scanners. So going with a typical chest strap like Aidlab you shouldn't be worried about tracking ECG, as 99% is absolutely OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzik View Post
    Hi,

Sorry to bump this thread but you was asking about ECG accuracy and maybe I could help in that matter. In a: time.com/4527843/accurate-wearable-apple-watch-fitness-tracker study, chest straps clocked at 99% of accuracy compared to traditional ECG scanners. So going with a typical chest strap like Aidlab you shouldn't be worried about tracking ECG, as 99% is absolutely OK.
    thanks , if bought one of these , how could i tell if there was an issue with my heart?

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1892 View Post
    thanks , if bought one of these , how could i tell if there was an issue with my heart?
    You couldn't... and adding another self monitoring aspect to your life is not something you want to do as it would just fuel your anxiety. You've been cleared repeatedly by medical professionals and scientific medical tests. As a two time heart attack survivor, I can tell you they would not have missed something.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information