Thread: Is this China virus gig really a threat?

Is this China virus gig really a threat?

I noticed that no folk bring up this subject yet though it in the news every day. There must be a lotta good folk worrying about it but I ain't one of them.

Sure, it good that countries worrying so they take precaution.

From what I know, normal pneumonia can be fatal for old folk and small kids. Only a small % of infected is dead from this new one.

Pig flu, bird flu, sars, ebola etc. caused a lotta panic but got contained. I got dengue fever in Ghan, that don't got no cure and it real painful but few folk dies from it.

Just wondering what you folk thinks. So that the HA folk here don't got to worry too much.

Re: Is this China virus gig really a threat?

There are a few threads on the HA board and I expect as the days go by to see more. It was that way with the ebola scare.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah I think what them Chinese is doing is wrong to blockade a whole city of 11 million. That's what they done 600 years ago. It means that healthy folk got no escape and in any case folk will always manage to get out whether infected or no so it's a screwy way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There are a few threads on the HA board and I expect as the days go by to see more. It was that way with the ebola scare.

Positive thoughts
    Hi Fishhman

just saw yous reply. I got the HA stuff blocked so never saw nothing.

One of the benefits of being agoraphobic is that I'm less exposed to these things. I'll worry if I get it. Until then I shall not

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Is this China virus gig really a threat?.
    It is if you're elderly, or very young and/or have respiratory disease, but even then it seems less deadly than the garden variety seasonal flu. So far the death toll is 2% of those infected compared to an estimated 10% at the height of the U.S. 2017-18 flu season in which 61,000 people died (~34,000 in 2018-19). Compared to other recent epidemics it barely rates. The sustained overblown media hype may do more harm than the virus.

Doesn't bother me. If I get it I get it. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thread Information