Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Description of personal chest anxiety pains

Re: Description of personal chest anxiety pains

Well lets see;

1. Sharp pains in one concentrated area, even in the center of the chest, which on a few occasions went all the way down to my left groin area. In just about each event, sometimes I could press on it making it worse.

2. Tightness across the chest area with a little bit of hard breathing.

3. Dull aches with pressure in chest areas, just under the left or right ribs and mid center of chest.

4. Burning sensations across the lower part of chest, but narrowing going up the center of the chest to where my heart is located.

5. Soreness on each side of the ribs, with dull pain just under my right shoulder blade.

Root causes for all of these have been because of anxiety, panic disorder, surge of adrenaline, GERD, IBS, common heartburn, indigestion or bloating, gas, muscle skeleton inflammation or Costochondritis and just plain old occasional arthritis; because I'm getting frigin' old.

And in each instance, it was never a heart attack or heart related. Because if it had been, I would've of really, really, really, known, besides all the tests I had that said "no way Jose!". Because you see, if it was a real heart issue, you wouldn't be thinking; "What if?, What if?, What if?" while still up walking around anxiously. No, see, you would be thinking; "Damn this hurts really bad, like a elephant is sitting on my upper chest! Must - call - 911!".

Because people with real heart issues, don't care about the "What if's" of not knowing one way or the other for sure, that floats around in their minds, caused by anxiety or panic...no with, real heart issues, you just know for damn sure. So you can easily mistake it with anxiety and panic, but there is no mistaken it with a real heart attack. You just instantly know.

Wow that sounds enough proof I would say! X

I actually think chest pains is pretty common thing even to people without anxeity. Stress and anxeity can cause chest pains. Gerd can cause chest pain. Sore or pulled muscles can cause chest pain. With all of those I'd say most like everyone has experienced some chest pain. I know I have. I still get some from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by titch View Post
    Wow that sounds enough proof I would say! X
    What, you mean proof for a heart attack? No it was all the other things I mentioned that caused or mimic all that, making me think it was a heart attack.

My dad had two heart related issues cause by blocked arteries. He had to have a stint put in each time at age 65 and later on at age 69. What he told me about his experience with real heart problems, was different from the many experiences that we get from anxiety\panic disorder, GERD, IBS, muscleskeletal pain and so on.

To paraphrase what he said, it's like someone hit you square in the chest with a sledge hammer that radiates through all of your upper body. It's debilitating and you don't run around anxious about it because it won't let you. It slows you down to being lethargic and weak and you know it's the heart with the heavy chest pressure; like an elephant sitting on your chest. Especially when you can't even do simple tasks like walk or get up from a siting position. You just know.

Lol. So since he told me all that, I've often thought of it this way - if you feel like you could actually run to the hospital, with all that adrenaline pumping through you, then it's not a heart attack. Can't run very long with heart issues or a heart attack. And that's when people often know when they are having real heart issues, while doing anything strenuous with physical activity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information