Thread: Sinus issues, teeth issues, anxiety... oh my!

Sinus issues, teeth issues, anxiety... oh my!

Oy, I feel like I keep being on the cusp of getting past my recent anxiety flare and then something else happens.

This week I've been dealing with what's somewhat chronic Eustachian tube issues - fullness that lingers for weeks. This time it's been painful and along with it came tooth pain.

I have a tooth with a crown that my dentist has always thought will need a root canal at some point. It's been bothering me for a few weeks so I finally went to the dentist. He sent me to the endodontist thinking I'd definitely need the root canal. But, the endo said he doesn't think so. Neither the dentist nor the endo saw signs of infection in the tooth, but noted how close my sinuses are to those teeth roots.

The fullness and pain in my ear keep getting worse, so I went to the minute clinic at Target today and the NP saw a ton of cloudy fluid and noted that my nodes are really big. She didn't see true signs of ear or sinus infection, but decided to treat with antibiotics since it's right on the verge. She also suggested Flonase to help clear up the fluid.

I've had sinus stuff for so long and it never worries me, but since I'm in an anxiety state I'm getting myself all worked up about having an infection in my head that's not totally visible. That my tooth is somehow causing all these problems and I'll get an infection that spreads to my brain. I'm just at the end of my rope in terms of being SO exhausted by all this. I know that based on everything I typed that this is exactly what everyone said - sinus inflammation caused by Eustachian tube dysfunction, probably brought on by allergies a few weeks ago... these things probably aggravated the tooth, which is sensitive even if it doesn't need a root canal. Three dentists took x-rays and none of them saw signs of infection.

Anxiety is such a bitch. I'm so tired. I was supposed to have a therapy appointment yesterday but my therapist called the day before to cancel it because of a family emergency. It was so disappointing because I had been counting down the days to the appointment! I am planning to call my GP tomorrow to make an appointment to talk about anxiety meds. I need to try and force myself to try them this time because this is just so tiring.

I also hate that so many anxiety symptoms blend with sinus stuff - dizziness, twitching, fatigue, etc... It always makes me feel crazy, like I don't know what's real and what's not.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here besides a place to vent and solidarity!

Re: Sinus issues, teeth issues, anxiety... oh my!

Aww ErinKc, I never saw this! You sound like me! I could of written this post! It truly is one thing after another isn't it?! I have some sinus stuff going on also, and its driving me nuts! Hope your feeling better! Mckenzie

Thread Information