Thread: Zoloft/Sertraline Tachyphylaxis (Poop Out) Symptoms

Zoloft/Sertraline Tachyphylaxis (Poop Out) Symptoms

Just wanted to see what symptoms others have experienced when the medication poops out (loses effectiveness). I have been on Sertraline 3 times in the last 10 years for anxiety. First 2 times on APOTEX generic Sertraline 50mg capsules for 8 months. Then 16 Months ago, onto my 3rd round and started on 50mg of generic again. After a year on generics I felt like I was getting different strengths every-time I re-upped my prescription and the last batch was really strong or bad so my doc switched me to Pfizer Zoloft which I have been on for 4 months now. The last 2 weeks of my 100 pill prescription (Zoloft) I felt my anxiety coming back, more frequent panic attacks, negative thoughts and feeling low. After I started the new prescription of 100 pills a few weeks ago, this didn't improve and started getting brain zaps and spent a few days dealing with a few of the startup symptoms again. When everything settled still no relief. Yesterday my doc gave me 25mg capsules to take everyday with the 50mgs so now I am on 75mgs daily. Last 2 days I've felt better but some increased anxiety which I know I will have to ensure for a week or so. Guess I will have to wait 2-6 weeks to adjust to the new dose to see if this is what I needed and if I need to increase again but in the meantime has anyone experienced this?

Re: Zoloft/Sertraline Tachyphylaxis (Poop Out) Symptoms

Hi l was on 50 mgs of sertraline for anxiety for 23 years started to get breakthrough anxiety and raise in dose didn’t help. Been off for a year .i tried Prozac and Lexapro which didn’t work. Started back on sertraline 50mgs 8 days ago is it possible it could work again so discouraging

I’m still on the 75mg dose now for 8 weeks and I feel normal everyday so dose must be working or my anxiety is so low I don’t even notice it. Since Cannabis has been legalized, I have been using Marijuana recreationally and it has brought my anxiety down to another level, never reached with zoloft. I’ve found that pot slows the brain down and helps me relax and live in the moment so we’ll see how combining them will work. Maybe consider decreasing and switching to a more natural prescription if this keeps up. I haven’t felt this good and more like myself in years!!!

Be careful with the pot. My panic attacks were brought on by pot. If you do pot, start at the lowest THC level to start out.

I’ve had a few bad trips but mostly when mixed with coffee. Also, sativa dominant hybrids always give me the Alice in wonderland, psychedelic high which I don’t like. Indica dom hybrids I find best but nothing wrong with a pure sativa every now and again. I stocked up on the chill stuff 😎

Thread Information