Thread: Breathing

Breathing

I've posted about this before, a year ago now...for the past few years I constantly have real problems with my breathing, well it feels very strained, i.e i can never get a full breath, like my lungs can't fill up. Its constant, no difference if I'm anxious etc. It was put down to anxiety, a chest X-Ray didn't show anything. The worrying thing for me is that it never goes away. I mean I don't get out much anymore because it's so disturbing, I get out of breath very easily, it's always dismissed as anxiety though. Anyone else experience this chronic breathing stuff? Any advice?

Thanks,

Peace + love

Re: Breathing

Hi, I get it all the time. You feel like you can't take a deep breath properly, right? Do you get relief from the sensation when you are able to yawn? When you say constant do you mean every breath you take 24/7 never feels full, or only certain ones? For me, I would breathe normally for a few hours or minutes then suddenly feel like I couldn't get a good, deep breath. I only get relief from it once I have a big yawn. Sometimes it happens multiple times in an hour. I had and still have that and it is anxiety. Even when I wasn't in the middle of anxiety I still got it sometimes (like a residual anxiety symptom). The first time I had it a few years ago I freaked out. I get it every now and then when I am stressed or even when I am not stressed at all. There are lots of posts on this forum about it.

Hi, yea I seldom get a satisfying yawn but that does help, I just always feel short of breath, not really sure how to describe it other than that, I've been to the doctors and they couldn't find anything from chest xray, breathing tests etc. It's pretty frustrating, because it doesn't go away really. My breathing is always shallow

Thanka

I was often advised to gulp when I had breathing problems.

So how have those that diagnosed you proposed you deal with the anxiety? And is there anything that does help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I was given antidepressants, none of them have any effect on the breathing issue. Sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating, it's very disturbing. I'm sure I have some kind of problem with my airways, inflammation or something, I often have big buildups of mucus in my throat. I only get nervous/anxiety in relation to this issue,it feels kind of ridiculous that it's always written off as anxiety.

Peace ✌ and love

It’s not being written off if you’ve had numerous tests though is it?
    If the antidepressants aren’t helping, advise your doctor. Maybe they just need to find the right thing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information