Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Re: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    It does make sense that’s why food isn’t passing down into my stomach because of the tumor.... And the constant pain I’m feeling in my chest and between my shoulders is the tumor rubbing against the esophagus :(
    Whatever you say....

��

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good that you've still got an appetite for burger though despite everything. Meat/sausages are really difficult to pass down a compromised oesophagus as is bread. I think you should choose foods which are as "wet" and smooth as possible to avoid blockage at the lesion site and subsequent regurgitation.

This is what I wanted to say.

You have reflux, do you have any antacids? Take 2, you’ll feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does make sense that’s why food isn’t passing down into my stomach because of the tumor.... And the constant pain I’m feeling in my chest and between my shoulders is the tumor rubbing against the esophagus :(
    If no food was getting into your stomach you would be losing weight at a very alarmingly fast rate and be suffering from severr malnutrition. You'd be in the hospital on TPN or a feeding tube. How long have you been supposedly not getting any calories?

How can you have acid reflux (which is from your stomach) if your esophagus is completely blocked?

Maybe the pain is that common thing called heartburn...

And since Googling is a bad idea for someone in the spiral, I've safely done it for you:

Acid reflux is responsible for the majority of the symptoms and/or damage to the esophagus. Approximately 13-29% of Canadians experience recurring GERD symptoms. GERD has a significant negative impact on wellbeing and quality of life.

Heartburn is the most common symptom of GERD. It usually feels like a burning pain in the chest, beginning behind the breastbone and moving toward the neck and throat. It often worsens after eating and while lying down, and can last for a couple of hours at a time. Pain results from the irritating effects of stomach acid on the inner esophagus wall, which does not have the same natural protection from acid that exists in the stomach lining.

Another common symptom is a sensation of food or liquid coming up into the throat or mouth (regurgitation), especially when bending over or lying down. This can leave a bitter or sour taste in the mouth. While many Canadians experience occasional heartburn or regurgitation, these symptoms are frequent in persons with GERD who are not receiving adequate treatment.

GERD patients can also experience some less common symptoms, including persistent sore throat, hoarseness, chronic coughing, difficult or painful swallowing, asthma, unexplained chest pain, bad breath, a feeling of a lump in the throat, and an uncomfortable feeling of fullness after meals.
    I believe you've mentioned most of these symptoms. I'm not going to diagnose you because I'm not a doctor, but this is where my bet is being placed, if not "just anxiety" altogether.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Maybe the pain is that common thing called heartburn...

And since Googling is a bad idea for someone in the spiral, I've safely done it for you:

I believe you've mentioned most of these symptoms. I'm not going to diagnose you because I'm not a doctor, but this is where my bet is being placed, if not "just anxiety" altogether.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    The big difference is GERD causes a sensation of food coming up I’m actually having food come up you know?

The big difference is GERD causes a sensation of food coming up I’m actually having food come up you know?
    GERD can cause regurgitation (food coming back up). So can gastroparesis and motility disorders.

The doc has said he has GERD issues. He’s also had gall bladder issues in the past too. He just doesn’t believe the doctor. He used to think that his reflux was bulbar ALS. He gave that up and has now moved onto this.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    The doc has said he has GERD issues. He’s also had gall bladder issues in the past too. He just doesn’t believe the doctor. He used to think that his reflux was bulbar ALS. He gave that up and has now moved onto this.
    Exactly. Just ponder this for a moment. This has been going on for years. I know it. Antsy knows it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You know how you pull air in to get a burp? I can’t because it’s blocked and it’s painful to even try... That’s gotta be a tumor I feel when I go to burp it’s painful to try...

Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread Information