Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Re: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    I’m not a radiologist, but I would have to assume that a tumor that’s been growing and causing symptoms for years would show up, even on a standard x-ray. Especially if it’s “advanced” as you claim....
    Don’t you think it would be advanced by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Don’t you think it would be advanced by now?
    Your words...”late stage”....not mine.

But to answer your question, I think you’re a major hypochondriac. You have nothing wrong physically. I feel terribly sorry for your wife, dealing with pregnancy and having a baby all while dealing with you too. You should be a proper man, husband, and father and step up to the plate, acknowledge your anxiety, and treat it.

Your words...”late stage”....not mine.

But to answer your question, I think you’re a major hypochondriac. You have nothing wrong physically. I feel terribly sorry for your wife, dealing with pregnancy and having a baby all while dealing with you too. You should be a proper man, husband, and father and step up to the plate, acknowledge your anxiety, and treat it.
    Trust me I know I have anxiety and it’s worse at times but I do have physical issues too like this.

Trust me I know I have anxiety and it’s worse at times but I do have physical issues too like this.
    So what are you doing to treat the anxiety? For the $ of 2 ER trips you could afford years of therapy.

So what are you doing to treat the anxiety? For the $ of 2 ER trips you could afford years of therapy.
    I’m gonna make an appointment with the therapist I was seeing and I have to see the pcp Wednesday about this pain it can’t be good whatever it is...

I’m gonna make an appointment with the therapist I was seeing and I have to see the pcp Wednesday about this pain it can’t be good whatever it is...
    Why not ask your PCP about Anxiety medication while you’re there too?

My wife just had our second baby girl yesterday I’m just not ready to go yet not like this...
    Congrats on the baby! What's her name?

You owe it to your children and yourself to treat your anxiety. I know from experience that mental illness is passed on if not treated. I don't doubt for a moment you have stomach/digestive issues. They're one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. In addition to your PPI, your diet is a major factor and treating your anxiety will also help treat your reflux issues.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The only way for like a X-ray to show esophagus cancer if it’s spread to the lungs from what I’ve read it would have to be like stage 4

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Congrats on the baby! What's her name?

You owe it to your children and yourself to treat your anxiety. I know from experience that mental illness is passed on if not treated. I don't doubt for a moment you have stomach/digestive issues. They're one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. In addition to your PPI, your diet is a major factor and treating your anxiety will also help treat your reflux issues.

FMP
    Bryleigh.

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

You guys honestly don’t think the pain hoarseness and throat clearing could be EC?

The only way for like a X-ray to show esophagus cancer if it’s spread to the lungs from what I’ve read it would have to be like stage 4

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Bryleigh.

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

You guys honestly don’t think the pain hoarseness and throat clearing could be EC?
    Here’s the thing.....it doesn’t matter what anybody here says. You’re completely convinced of your impending death, so why keep asking? No matter how much reassurance you get, you won’t believe anybody. The only way for you to get past this is with a scope....then I give it a week before a new fear arises.

Here’s the thing.....it doesn’t matter what anybody here says. You’re completely convinced of your impending death, so why keep asking?
    Sadly, like several other members, this is true. Some have no intention, are unwilling or unable to get help. The forum is, in some cases, part of the problem

positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread Information