Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Tuesday update: the night sweats returned last night.

I wonder if it's the weekend's alcohol coming out of my body, or I've just had another thought; I recently changed my bedding, all new duvet and sheet sets. Perhaps they're not breathing properly and/or making me sweatier than my old ones? (Not sure that explains the coming and going though).

After the sweats, that seems to kick something else off where I wake feeling absolutely cold and shivering too. Worrying stuff, and then of course my anxiety gets set off!

Still feeling weak/fatigued too and lost a little bit more weight, perhaps 1kg/2lbs but nothing major. It almost seems like my change in diet due to my "C" fears has ended up with me shedding fat, because I'm looking more veiny too.

Also had another of those tiny tonsil stones today as well.

This is my new thing for trying to keep positive, my "what's not wrong with me" list:
    * I seem to have lost the dry mouth for the most part, I don't wake up feeling as though my mouth has been catching sand all night.
    * I actually have no swollen nymph lodes. Finally got that idea into my head! Doctors think they're fine, I should too!
    * I haven't had any stomach issues for at least a week.
    * I can't remember the last time I felt nausea
    * People still think I look healthy, despite my mind telling me otherwise

Here's a fun one I don't think I've seen posted...

Since all this started, and it seems stronger more recently, my senses seem to be extra heightened. So my hearing, which is pretty strong anyway has been up a notch, my taste-buds seem to have been covered in those miracle berry things and I can taste everything like someone has turned the volume up to 100%.

But the weirdest sensation is my sense of smell. It too is in hyper mode and last night I thought I could smell my dinner being excreted through my arm pits.

Weird as hell! Ever had that? Sounds freaking weird, but there you go!

Made the mistake of looking in my throat again today, and it seems that the redness that was only on one side near the tonsils (whatever you call the skin in front of them) is spreading to both sides.

There's also a tiny red spot on one side now too.

Stop looking might be a good idea, will phone ENT tomorrow to see if they got my referral.

I feel like I can't walk properly still, so decided to go for a walk to try and see how I was doing. Probably shouldn't have because I feel worse now, ever get a drunken walking sensation? That's the only way I can describe it.

Also got through to my ENT and they say it could be MONTHS, so of course my anxiety isn't being helped by that at all!

What to do? I'm almost tempted to just go to the ER again and get them to do some more examinations. Either that or go see a dentist to get my mouth looked at...

Any suggestions or help?

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Dentist appointment booked. So at least I might be able to get one of my main concerns address next week.

Funny how you can get an appointment to see a dentist within a week. But for something potentially more serious (I'm telling myself it isn't!) it takes 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    I feel like I can't walk properly still, so decided to go for a walk to try and see how I was doing. Probably shouldn't have because I feel worse now, ever get a drunken walking sensation? That's the only way I can describe it.

Also got through to my ENT and they say it could be MONTHS, so of course my anxiety isn't being helped by that at all!

What to do? I'm almost tempted to just go to the ER again and get them to do some more examinations. Either that or go see a dentist to get my mouth looked at...

Any suggestions or help?

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Dentist appointment booked. So at least I might be able to get one of my main concerns address next week.

Funny how you can get an appointment to see a dentist within a week. But for something potentially more serious (I'm telling myself it isn't!) it takes 12 months.
    Not a nice sensation is it mate? And yeah it's doesn't make sense but the NHS is stretched beyond belief ( that's no excuse either) What does your dr say about your swollen tonsils years ago I had very bad tonsils and they were removed problem solved So if anything I would go back to your drs and see if they can get you a urgent referral for ENT I would seriously push for that. Let us know what happens ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Not a nice sensation is it mate? And yeah it's doesn't make sense but the NHS is stretched beyond belief ( that's no excuse either) What does your dr say about your swollen tonsils years ago I had very bad tonsils and they were removed problem solved So if anything I would go back to your drs and see if they can get you a urgent referral for ENT I would seriously push for that. Let us know what happens ATB
    Nope not good at all, it's horrible! Been like it for a while now too.

I'm not in the UK, it's the Canadian system making me wait in my case. Going to try and figure out a way to expedite my appointment if possible. I feel like I want to be seen tomorrow, not next year.

Seeing the dentist next week, if they don't spot anything sinister then I might try for another doctors appointment.

Thank you, will do for sure!

I'm wondering is Bupa still a thing in the UK? I might have to go elsewhere to try and get to the bottom of this. (My UK passport is easily renewed).

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

The other thing wondering about, the doctor said my inflammation markers were normal. Surely if something more sinister was going on that would have been a red flag?

I dunno, finding out I might have to wait months to see the ENT has got my anxiety firing off something chronic.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

To top it all off, I've just had a massive acid burp that came right up to my nose.

Nope not good at all, it's horrible! Been like it for a while now too.

I'm not in the UK, it's the Canadian system making me wait in my case. Going to try and figure out a way to expedite my appointment if possible. I feel like I want to be seen tomorrow, not next year.

Seeing the dentist next week, if they don't spot anything sinister then I might try for another doctors appointment.

Thank you, will do for sure!

I'm wondering is Bupa still a thing in the UK? I might have to go elsewhere to try and get to the bottom of this. (My UK passport is easily renewed).

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

The other thing wondering about, the doctor said my inflammation markers were normal. Surely if something more sinister was going on that would have been a red flag?

I dunno, finding out I might have to wait months to see the ENT has got my anxiety firing off something chronic.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

To top it all off, I've just had a massive acid burp that came right up to my nose.

Hi TG Well your dr hasn't flagged up anything serious and would say they would have flagged it red if it was. Like wise if you dentist doesn't flag up anything serious then this good news! Are you currently on any antibiotics? So personally I would leave it there if the dentist confirms it's nothing serious. Yeah Bupa is still very much in the uk
    Do you in Canada have private hospitals/drs/dentists? I know you want to get this sorted take one step at a time though ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi TG Well your dr hasn't flagged up anything serious and would say they would have flagged it red if it was. Like wise if you dentist doesn't flag up anything serious then this good news! Are you currently on any antibiotics? So personally I would leave it there if the dentist confirms it's nothing serious. Yeah Bupa is still very much in the uk
    Do you in Canada have private hospitals/drs/dentists? I know you want to get this sorted take one step at a time though ATB
    Yep, all very true! It's just this throat/tonsil thing I can't seem to get my mind off. The funny thing is; for all I know my tonsils have been like that for weeks/months and they've not been bothering me. But now I've had some virus/flu-like thing they're really annoying me.

If I wasn't already having trouble clearing my throat prior to this, I don't think I would probably not be worrying right now. But I've been seeing "clearing throat can be a sign of this c word" and freaked myself out.

I'm not on antibiotics, no point if the doctors think it's viral either. I've got a scrip for amoxicillin in my wallet though. I've wondered if I should just give it a shot or not before, but if my stomach is having issues here and there? I'm not sure that'd be a wise move.

Also good to know if for whatever reason I need to go back to the UK!

Will see how things go for the next few days and hopefully I won't have to reach for the Ativan, I've got a couple left and don't really want to take any of them because of the side effects.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Just had a nasty smelling bit of phlegm from out the back of my nose now too.

Seriously considering my next move....

I've just eaten something and am getting terrible acid reflux again. I normally have trouble belching if anything, since the "virus" it's more like I belch and regurgitate effortlessly.

Feel weak as hell, still getting cold (chills are apparently with a fever? I haven't got those. I feel/am cold), my throat feels like it's getting progressively worse, and a whole bunch of "anxiety symptoms".

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Pretty sure I've lost some more weight.
    Middle right abdominal pain is back again as well. (Sharp, but still dull-ish).

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Stomach seems to be functioning normally, so that's one good thing!

Can't seem to shake the thought that there is still something more sinister going on.

A regular X Ray wouldn't have shown anything wrong with my eso/throat would it? That's what's bugging me! Blood tests wouldn't have shown any abnormalities in my throat/eso either would it?

Might go hospital again and see what happens. Driving myself nuts again because of that ENT appointment being months away.

Seriously considering my next move....

I've just eaten something and am getting terrible acid reflux again. I normally have trouble belching if anything, since the "virus" it's more like I belch and regurgitate effortlessly.

Feel weak as hell, still getting cold (chills are apparently with a fever? I haven't got those. I feel/am cold), my throat feels like it's getting progressively worse, and a whole bunch of "anxiety symptoms".

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Pretty sure I've lost some more weight.
    Middle right abdominal pain is back again as well. (Sharp, but still dull-ish).

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Stomach seems to be functioning normally, so that's one good thing!

Can't seem to shake the thought that there is still something more sinister going on.

A regular X Ray wouldn't have shown anything wrong with my eso/throat would it? That's what's bugging me! Blood tests wouldn't have shown any abnormalities in my throat/eso either would it?

Might go hospital again and see what happens. Driving myself nuts again because of that ENT appointment being months away.
    Try and get the ENT fast tracked ,even if it means going back to your dr's How ever I would still say you have nothing to worry about and the told ya so gang will be on stand by and ready to party again ATB

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information