Thread: Replies Needed

Replies Needed

Did venlafaxine change your period in any way? I am posting here for some help. I am getting heavy periods, with blood clots and then spotting for days after my period ends. Please someone reply. I'm starting to get worried. I see my doctor next week.

Re: Replies Needed

Hiyer Ethansmom,

No, I didn't have this with venlafaxine, and as I said on your other thread about the same thing - it is a fairly uncommon side effect, but it is listed as as possible side-effect. As I said on the other thread, you must inform your doctor (which you are going to do) and have them note it and look into the reasons for it. See this information on side effects -

https://beta.nhs.uk/medicines/venlafaxine/

I don't know what is concerning you the most - is it that you might need to stop ven ? Is it that you are finding the periods hard to cope with ?

I don't want to have to stop the ven, however I don't want to get so much blood loss that i'll need to take Iron tablets forever. I had low iron levels before i started the ven and the doctor has prescribed tablets to increase my iron levels. Just afraid of too much blood loss each month = something bad. :(

Excuse my asking directly, but have you logged the flow....and done a rough estimate of the ml? (you can do so using the sanitary products and their capacity) Just wondering really, as what one person sees as heavy another might now, its a bit subjective. They say that anything about 80ml is 'heavy' PAHHHhhhhhh thats nothing !

I haven't logged the flow, but I typically go through 2 pads (the ones that are made for 8 hours twice a day) on the second and third day of my period. I cannot even attempt a tampon on the second day as my period is so heavy it would bleed right through the tampon and soak my clothes. I can however, use a tampon on the 4th-7th day. Then I can just use a panty if I spot brown blood the next few days. I do however get enormous blood clots that just plop out of me when I use the toilet. That's on days 2, 3 or 4 depending on the cycle.

Thread Information