Hello,

I would like to one day be Klonapin free! I have taken it for approx. 5-6 years 1x per day @ .50mg... At this point, I feel it does nothing for me. I take it just so I don't withdrawal. In fact, when I do panic I occasionally take .25mg more but that has only occurred 2-3x per year that I've needed to do that.

First, I would do this with my Psychiatrist's approval and monitoring. Although she tends to be less conservative than I am as far as meds (hence part of the reason why I have even taken Klonapin daily this long in the first place).

Second, I am not currently ready to wean but want to see what ideas/schedules are out there.

I have read horrible things online about withdrawal and would like to take the most conservative road possible with the least amount of side effects. Esp. b/c I have severe health anxiety-- physical side effects will be extra difficult to deal with.

I am hoping the fact that I am on somewhat of a small dose will work in my favor. I know the amount of time I've taken it will not work in my favor.

So, what is an effective and conservative schedule to wean down from .50mg when I'm ready. I have patience and would be fine to take it very slow. I just don't know how to calculate the 10% and how to get that in pill form, how many weeks, etc.