Thread: Stomach problems/ cancer worries

Stomach problems/ cancer worries

Hello I’m new to posting on forums but I see there are a few posts with the same problem. I have had anxiety in the past but not really health anxiety before and nothing ever this bad. Recently I have been having stomach pains which radiate to my back, very bloated, loss of appetite and I just feel like there is somthing not right and never felt like this before.
    I have been to the drs 3 times I have been given tablets for stomach which don’t really help they all say it’s caused by worry. I have tried to try and ignore it and not go on google (I caved in) now I’m convinced iv got pancreatic cancer or stomach cancer. My partner is supportive but think it’s getting to them now as they can’t inderstand I can feel somthing is wrong and I can’t take the drs word for it. I want to go back to the drs to ask them to give me scans at the hospital to check my pancreas and stomach ect. I spend a lot of time in a state of pure worry and scared I’m convinced I’m not gonna be here much longer we have recently booked a holiday for September and I’m sure I won’t be here then.

Re: Stomach problems/ cancer worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Forgot to say I just turned 28 so I know it’s quite rare for me to have a cancer of that kind

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyt28 View Post
    we have recently booked a holiday for September and I’m sure I won’t be here then.

Did this start before or after you booked the holiday? I notice a drastic shift in my anxiety when I have something planned in general let alone something big and exciting like a holiday. I also have anxious/stress troubles with my stomach, it’s definitely not a fun time but it really can be all down to that alone.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Midnight-mouse; 26-01-19 at 15:19.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you for your reply. It started about 10 days ago so before booking the holiday. I’m just convinced there’s somthing wrong and it’s really bad ect

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyt28 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. It started about 10 days ago so before booking the holiday. I’m just convinced there’s somthing wrong and it’s really bad ect

There is something wrong, and it’s our anxiety, it’s the the way we think. We’re predisposed to thinking that way.
    Don’t be fooled by it, ibs/anxiety working on the gut really can be the answer even if things feel wrong.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

hello pal. I have had similar issues the past week or so. At first I thought it was due to constipation, then I wondered if I had overstretched myself at the gym, now, like you, I feel I have something else wrong. I get the pain in back occasionally, have some bloating, wind etc. I don't particularly have a loss of appetite, though I do hold back on food due to my constipation.

I would say it's most likely to do with anxiety for both of us. I just wanted to say I feel your pain mate. it can be frustrating. Try not to Google though, I have done that previously and it's not good for us, it only exacerbates our worry. Health anxiety is awful and if affects many of us, so you are not alone. BTW I am 2 years older than you so maybe it's just old age mate lol. seriously, just relax and try not to overly worry, even though I know it's hard at times.

Hi thank you for the reply . I know deep down it’s the anxiety but I always come back to cancers specially stomach cancer and pancreatic cancer even tho we are pretty young for those. I try to distract myself but it’s contantly nagging in my brain and the pain in stomach is always there drs just said it’s acid in stomach and nothing else. It is awful it feels like it’s getting worse it’s nice to find people that understand what I’m going through

Thread Information