Thread: Ciprofloxacin long term side effects

Ciprofloxacin long term side effects

Hello.

I was prescribed Cipro for an ear infection and started to feel tingling and throbbing in my left arm. My doctor advised that i come off the antibiotics, so after 3 500mg tablets I did. Luckily, the ear infection subsided, however, the limb issues certainly didn’t. After I came off, the next day I woke with weak legs. I felt like I couldn’t put my weight on them. My arms were also weaker and I was struggling to push buttons on a controller. This was a week ago. My anxiety definitely got worse 2 days after this and I barely slept. When I did, I had nightmares (although they were only mildly distressing).

2 days ago, things started to look up. My legs felt better and I was able to walk my dog. The nightmares also stopped and I was sleeping well again.

But unfortunately, yesterday everything came back. My right leg is now in a lot of pain and I cannot walk far. I started having nightmares in the morning so decided to not sleep anymore. My right knee has also changes shaped. When i went to the doctor about this on Monday, she said it would concede by the weekend. It looked like it was going to, but now I am not so sure. I think I am going to suffer long term effects because of this drug. Googling it certainly doesn’t help as it’s full of horror stories about this.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had taken ciprofloxacin and felt like this. Did it get better? I’ve read some people took years to recover and others committed suicide. I am so scared right now as I thought I was getting better. Even typing this message is hurting my arms :(

Re: Ciprofloxacin long term side effects

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information