Thread: Can a heart attack go away without treatment

Can a heart attack go away without treatment

I read a post I posted in 2016 and it’s got me worrying again, basically when I was around 6 weeks pregnant I got up from the sofa and had sudden pain in the centre of my chest.. felt like something had clicked... I started to panic instantly, I felt pain going into my jaw and left arm was tingling.. the pain in my chest only happened if I tried to take a deep breath, if I breathed shallow it didn’t hurt.. and so I quickly got dressed and went to my moms with my daughter by which time I could breath again, but my mom said I looked pasty! (Don’t know if it’s because I’d been so scared).

Anyway I know it might sound silly as it was almost 3 years ago but I’m worried now that I have an undiagnosed heart attack and should be on pills or something

Re: Can a heart attack go away without treatment

A heart attack doesn't go away as such - it is a one-off event. It is the damage from it that is lasting.

The only way to tell would be tests - ECG/echo etc.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Can a heart attack go away without treatment

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information