Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My brain wants me to believe .......

Re: My brain wants me to believe .......

It's a large mental health "support" forum, idk if I'd be allowed to name it without causing work for the mods here

Oooo no, its fine, don't name it......its sufficient to know the type of group it was, and rather shocking to hear it was a mental health forum !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Oooo no, its fine, don't name it......its sufficient to know the type of group it was, and rather shocking to hear it was a mental health forum !!!!
    Also they changed what they said, to start with it was fair enough cause one of them said "you're in moderation until you hopefully settle down" (I call it forum jail) then the main admin said when I asked nicely to get allowed out "we want weeks of good behaviour from you and we will decide when we let you out" and he was nasty about saying that.

And this was with me being fully cooperative with what they was asking me to do.

I mean I wouldn't of got so fretful and upset over it had they stuck with what they said originally, but they didn't. I don't have a problem with *that* being done to me (I do understand forums want to keep all their members safe) but keeping me in there that long was cruel and I told the main admin there that it was cruel. I have'nt logged back in there since a few days after they let me out.

I don't cope very well with change and they know that but they didn't tell me I was getting let out on the night of day 12 they just did it and it was almost day 13 when it happened and 13 ends with a 3 and I cannot deal with the number 3 and they knew that.

Mentally I had to add a extra "forum jail" into what you posted, Carys, just so I didn't set myself off, sorry.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Oh and there was another member on there as well who they kept throwing back into forum jail just for the sheer hell of it. In out in out shake it all about. Just cause they could. She told them where to stick the forum and demanded they ban her cause she'd had enough of their cruelty.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

And the name of the other forum is two words, begins with psych and ends with central.
    Last edited by whispershadow; 10-02-19 at 20:56. Reason: forgot to say something
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Forum jail on a mental health site sounds dodgy. I know they do it on some large forums but then they get people acting quite badly on them and thankfully that is rare here. Bans are really rare here. Even people arguing despite requests from Admin don't get banned.

I don't get the impression you are an inflammatory poster. But it's obvious you have been upset by past experiences and struggle with your confidence. We are mostly a friendly bunch on here though.

I moderate another forum - one for an online game - and we issue temporary forum bans maybe once every couple of weeks? This is because we have a lot of users in their young teens, though, so we need to be a little more cautious. It's all about the user base, really, but I'm surprised a mental health forum would be so harsh.

I went to register on the site you mentioned, Whispershadow, to take a look around, but I didn't get a good vibe from the place and I really disliked the level of personal information they were demanding. I didn't sign up because I wasn't happy giving those details.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Forum jail on a mental health site sounds dodgy. I know they do it on some large forums but then they get people acting quite badly on them and thankfully that is rare here. Bans are really rare here. Even people arguing despite requests from Admin don't get banned.

I don't get the impression you are an inflammatory poster. But it's obvious you have been upset by past experiences and struggle with your confidence. We are mostly a friendly bunch on here though.
    I can understand them doing *that* to people who deliberately act out and refuse to cooperate with them, but in my case I was fully cooperating with everything they was asking of me by their own admission. The main admin there admitted in PM to me that there was nothing else I could do to get allowed out.

I come to the conclusion they're a bunch of powertrippers over there.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

They sound like total jerks.

I know it's hard to remember when you're nervous, but people aren't all like that.

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    I can understand them doing *that* to people who deliberately act out and refuse to cooperate with them, but in my case I was fully cooperating with everything they was asking of me by their own admission. The main admin there admitted in PM to me that there was nothing else I could do to get allowed out.

I come to the conclusion they're a bunch of powertrippers over there.
    Sadly it could be the case. Not everyone that starts a forum or wants to moderate is a good person. We are lucky here. I've heard similar about other forums.

If you have found one that is good for you, that's all you need. Try to remember that experience is isolated to that place and is no reflection on any other.

It's like with members, some forums have utter idiots on them fighting all the time. It's easy going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's like with members, some forums have utter idiots on them fighting all the time. It's easy going on here.

Terry, it's funny you say this, one of the reasons I love this place is because we're actually allowed to argue.

I dearly love the site where I mod, but it's tiring having to think about how not to cause any offence whatsoever whenever I post there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Terry, it's funny you say this, one of the reasons I love this place is because we're actually allowed to argue.

I dearly love the site where I mod, but it's tiring having to think about how not to cause any offence whatsoever whenever I post there.
    They are pretty laid back on here and given we can be struggling emotionally I guess they see many a crossed word just resolved. There have been some real arguments which cause debate on either side and whether it should be clamped down on but it's not too often. Many a time it's been about repetitive HA posting and people getting frustrated. Admin have a good handle on things. I think they understand from experience how hard it can be in these places for us and they have a policy of inclusion so they prefer to give people a chance. Some forums just boot people off for daft things.

I've heard gaming forums can be a bit "animated" with arguments and unpleasantness. Good luck to you with them!

First of all thank you all for the kind words about the admins.

I have been on that site once and must confess I was not made to feel welcome.

Whisper although I quite like the idea of "forum jail" as others have said that is not how we do things here, and even if we did you have said nothing to warrant any intervention from admin in any way.

This is part of your anxiety, and there is no problem about you expressing on the forum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information